• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton Mountain - New Snow Bowl HSQ

ghughes20

Weather looks good next week to start laying down some snow. With all the rain this year, I'm sure the ponds are full. Let's hope they can open several trails from the summit for opening day. A few years ago, they opened with just Black Bear at the Summit. Chaos that day.

Glenn

Weather looks good next week to start laying down some snow. With all the rain this year, I'm sure the ponds are full. Let's hope they can open several trails from the summit for opening day. A few years ago, they opened with just Black Bear at the Summit. Chaos that day.

Those are interesting days. Dodging people with rental gear and unzipped coats going way to fast for their abilities.

icecoast1

Looks pretty good for getting multiple trails open. A nice window of snowmaking leading into opening day, Stratton can make a lot of snow when they have the temps

drjeff

Am I crazy or is that a crap load of poles really close together?

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
Doesn't look much different than the old fixed grip quad had. The topography is what it is for how many towers a lift requires to keep the haul rope far enough off the ground and in a reasonable angle coming into the sheave trains on the towers to keep the lift running as efficiently as possible

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

Nice pics! Were you there WoodCore?

Looking at the first pic, you can see what's left of the Poma.

Trying to figure out where the base terminal will be. I thought they had poured some concrete for that already....

slatham

Looks like the guns are in full force on Frank's, Tamarack, Black Bear & Polar Bear. Could be one of the best opening weekends in years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H2khwb-088

Especially since they don't plan to open until next Wednesday 11/21 (unless they change that). By then they'll have half the front side open if the cold and snow deliver as currently forecasted.....

drjeff

Stratton may be the most overlooked, based on "snooty" reputation, snowmaking powerhouse in the Northeast!! They have a system that the overwhelming majority of ski areas proportion wise wish they had!! [emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

They had a lot of guns going yesterday AM on the front side of the mountain. Should be able to get things going after today. Storm on Thursday could help things along.