Stratton Mountain - New Snow Bowl HSQ - Page 29

AlpineZone

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Results 281 to 287 of 287
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    We rode it for the first time yesterday. Nice lift! It was good to see the setup there; wasn't sure where the bottom terminal was based on the drawings.

    Agreed, I think it helps with the flow up top. That new cut through trail really helps unloading; no more hiking up.
    The real test on traffic flow will be this weekend. Potential snow in the forecast and the holiday will bring big crowds. Curious to see how the new lift dissipates traffic away from Ursa.

  2. #282
    x10003q's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by ghughes20 View Post
    The real test on traffic flow will be this weekend. Potential snow in the forecast and the holiday will bring big crowds. Curious to see how the new lift dissipates traffic away from Ursa.
    We skied Stratton Sat and Sun. The new lift is awesome. It has already changed the traffic patterns. The Ursa access trail was less crowded and the only time we waited in the corral at Ursa was one time at about 10:30 on Saturday. At that point each line in the corral was about 3 or 4 groups deep. It took us about 7 minutes to get on the Ursa. The trails off the Ursa were less crowded and not completely scraped off after lunch.

    Hopefully, now that more people will be skiing the trails off the new lift Stratton will blow some snow on Spruce/Liftline/Slalom Glade/Drifter. Usually, after they open these trails, they do not blow any more snow on these trails.

  3. #283
    It's nice to see the new lift running regularly...not just during busy times.
    SoVT

  4. #284
    x10003q's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    It's nice to see the new lift running regularly...not just during busy times.
    I think the Shooting Star6 will become the lift Stratton does not use during off peak times. Since the Ursa is no longer overrun, you can direct the traffic from the Sun Bowl to Ursa to get to the upper trails.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by x10003q View Post
    I think the Shooting Star6 will become the lift Stratton does not use during off peak times. Since the Ursa is no longer overrun, you can direct the traffic from the Sun Bowl to Ursa to get to the upper trails.
    Your talking about early/late season. Having enough crowded on weekdays to need both 6 packs would be insane.

  6. #286
    I think they currently (or did) run Shooting Star on an abbreviated schedule mid week. It opened late and closed early IIRC. Great lift to use on a Sunday afternoon...it's usually ski on.
    SoVT

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I think they currently (or did) run Shooting Star on an abbreviated schedule mid week. It opened late and closed early IIRC. Great lift to use on a Sunday afternoon...it's usually ski on.
    They've been running Shooter from 10am till 2pm during the midweek.

    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.