Stratton Mountain - New Snow Bowl HSQ - Page 15

AlpineZone

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Especially since they don't plan to open until next Wednesday 11/21 (unless they change that). By then they'll have half the front side open if the cold and snow deliver as currently forecasted.....
    yeah, they won't change
    2017-18:
    Okemo: 11/18, 11/19, 11/25, 11/26, 11/27, 12/8, 12/16, 12/17, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, 1/27, 2/25, 3/17, 3/24, 4/8, 4/22
    Killington: 12/9, 2/24, 4/21, 5/26
    Windham: 12/26, 3/4
    Mohawk: 1/15
    Stratton: 1/26
    Mountain Creek: 2/4
    Jiminy Peak: 2/10
    Mount Southington: 2/17
    Sunday River: 3/16
    Bromley: 3/18
    Pico: 3/23
    Jay Peak: 4/7

The guns are back up again today. Looks windy. I think most of the snow is landing on Mt. Snow. They could open this weekend if they wanted to.

Impressive amount of snow is being made right now Looks like many trails on the main face are lit up with guns. Quite a sight on their mid mountain cam.
    "I like homemade food. I just do."

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Impressive amount of snow is being made right now Looks like many trails on the main face are lit up with guns. Quite a sight on their mid mountain cam.
    Wow, that is impressive.

Very impressive. I kind of wish they would open this weekend, but I'm sure that if we wait a week they will have an impressive portfolio of trails open for opening weekend.

Anyone want to bet that Stratton will be even more mobbed this season thanks to the Ikon Pass?

I might take that bet. They killed the college and under 30 pass and that might end up making it a wash. Either way, any regular Saturday there was already pandemonium basically. And if the wind kicks up and halts the gondola, it turns from just ordinary chaos to cats and dogs living together. New snow bowl lift might help that a bit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using AlpineZone mobile app

Currently at the summit it's -1F! Mid cam has some great night live action of the growing whale compliments of the SMI Polecats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H2khwb-088http://
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    I might take that bet. They killed the college and under 30 pass and that might end up making it a wash. Either way, any regular Saturday there was already pandemonium basically. And if the wind kicks up and halts the gondola, it turns from just ordinary chaos to cats and dogs living together. New snow bowl lift might help that a bit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using AlpineZone mobile app
    I really don't have a problem with Stratton with midweek. Trees can be off-the-charts good when there's snow. There's nothing extreme that's a clear-cut trail but there are some tricky spots in the woods.

But weekends...it's really the only major mountain I've skied where there is NOWHERE to hide from the masses either on-trail or on-lift(lines).
    2018-2019 1 day and counting...
    Mount Snow: 10/27
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Still going strong! Wow! They must have some serious capacity in that system. And odd they're fairly quiet about it.

For us, you have to know how to work the mountain. We typically ski on Sundays. We get to the mountain late morning, get out for a few runs, then people start going in for an early lunch; we keep skiing. By the time lunch is over, some people head home. We generally avoid Saturdays there if possible.
    "I like homemade food. I just do."

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCore View Post
    Currently at the summit it's -1F! Mid cam has some great night live action of the growing whale compliments of the SMI Polecats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H2khwb-088http://
    Not complaining about the upcoming snow and cold temps, but I wonder if this is slowing down the lift install?

Thread Information