Stratton Mountain - New Snow Bowl HSQ - Page 20

AlpineZone

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Good day on the mountain today, a bit cold but plenty of available terrain. Snow Bowl lift is moving right along.......IMG_9432.jpgIMG_9438.jpgIMG_9446.jpgIMG_9449.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Idk this seems like a ridiculously behind schedule project at this point. Like a month behind if not a little more.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Yeah that's what happens when it's been below freezing since the beginning of November with several 8"+ storms

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Idk this seems like a ridiculously behind schedule project at this point. Like a month behind if not a little more.

They thought they'd be ready the 15th...

Stratton already needs all the help it can get capacity-wise midwinter weekends. There was roughly 120 or so chairs on that lift iirc? 60 chairs going uphill full is 240 people that will now be funneled elsewhere on the mountain. Holiday is gonna be rough.
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    They thought they'd be ready the 15th...

Stratton already needs all the help it can get capacity-wise midwinter weekends. There was roughly 120 or so chairs on that lift iirc? 60 chairs going uphill full is 240 people that will now be funneled elsewhere on the mountain. Holiday is gonna be rough.
    probably over 480, since there will be fewer people on the slope, and then there are the people who would have been in line for the lift.

Took this Saturday. If you look closely, you can see one of the workers in the top terminal.

Skiing was good. Scratchy on the steeps. They were blowing a lot of snow over on Sunbowl; you could hear it when skiing Upper Middlebrook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SoVT

They weren't working on the lift today.

First few runs were great this morning but got skied off very quick. Gondola running slow due to wind, a-hole snowboarders being a-hole snowboarders as usual.

Super nice skier helped my son who fell on a steep section on pure ice. I was hiking back up but he got him up and coached him through the tough turns.
    2017/2018

Quote Originally Posted by billo View Post
    Yes they were! Crew was busy over in the Sun Bowl getting the haul rope loaded on a trailer and ready for transport.

"If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

I wish I took a picture a few weeks back. They had a really cool military tractor (truck) hooked up to a flatbed in Lot 2. Imagine that was used in some phase of the project.

billo, glad someone stopped to help your son.
    SoVT

Quote Originally Posted by billo View Post

First few runs were great this morning but got skied off very quick. Gondola running slow due to wind, a-hole snowboarders being a-hole snowboarders as usual.

Super nice skier helped my son who fell on a steep section on pure ice. I was hiking back up but he got him up and coached him through the tough turns.
    Jackass skier being a jackass skier right here... You realize that little ski racer kids are as bad usually way worse than boarders doing their little tuck and straight line everything routine. What a jackass comment by you honestly.

2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Thread Information