Stratton Mountain - New Snow Bowl HSQ - Page 25

AlpineZone

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    On Stratton's Instagram account, within the last 24hrs, their official response about when will the lift open is still "late December"

Now that the folks at Dopp have their flagship North American 2018 installation up and running with Big Sky's Ramcharger heated bubble 8, maybe they'll send a couple of extra crew East to help Stratton get this lift spinning for the Christmas week crowds. I'm sure that given the quantity of potential future contracts that Dopp could get from Alterra, that they want to get this lift spinning and help ensure a happy MAJOR client!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Now that the folks at Dopp have their flagship North American 2018 installation up and running with Big Sky's Ramcharger heated bubble 8, maybe they'll send a couple of extra crew East to help Stratton get this lift spinning for the Christmas week crowds. I'm sure that given the quantity of potential future contracts that Dopp could get from Alterra, that they want to get this lift spinning and help ensure a happy MAJOR client!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    Dopp. crews are also wrapping up the new 6 pack at Windham Mtn.

DulYchAX4AABaRb.jpg large.jpg

"If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

I wonder if this is a case of detach quads are lowest priority now because of the 6's going in everywhere.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    I wonder if this is a case of detach quads are lowest priority now because of the 6's going in everywhere.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    Possibly but many of those 6s have large spacing so the difference in capacity is smaller.

Dopp in the East in general this season seems to be having delay issues. None of their 3 new installations, The HSQ at Stratton, The HS6 at Windham or the Gondola at Brettonwoods are done. Whereas Leitner-Poma has their new installations, the Snowdon Bubble 6 at Killington open, and for all intensive purposes the HS6 at Hunter done as well, and Skytrac had their new installation FGQ open at West Mountain, NY yesterday
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Looks like the haul rope splice is on for tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by WoodCore; Dec 18, 2018 at 9:57 AM.
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCore View Post
    Dopp. crews are also wrapping up the new 6 pack at Windham Mtn.

DulYchAX4AABaRb.jpg large.jpg
    Something that the picture Stratton posted doesn't show is the amount of grading work that needs to be done at the base of the lift. I skied by the bottom terminal this past weekend and the area between the terminal itself and Old Log Road is a mess with giant holes in the ground. I know they have some really nice grading plan in the works that will essentially elevate the lift from Old Log Road with a steep slope, like URSA being elevated above Runaway/91. This will nicely allow skiers to be separated by whether they are heading to the lift or continuing down the mountain. However, the snow appeared to be a major obstacle there.

Good news about the haul rope. That's a step in the right direction.
    SoVT

Quote Originally Posted by skitheeast45 View Post
    Something that the picture Stratton posted doesn't show is the amount of grading work that needs to be done at the base of the lift. I skied by the bottom terminal this past weekend and the area between the terminal itself and Old Log Road is a mess with giant holes in the ground. I know they have some really nice grading plan in the works that will essentially elevate the lift from Old Log Road with a steep slope, like URSA being elevated above Runaway/91. This will nicely allow skiers to be separated by whether they are heading to the lift or continuing down the mountain. However, the snow appeared to be a major obstacle there.
    Not sure but perhaps they can grade it with snowmaking for now and do the earthwork spring/early summer?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Well Dopp has completed one new lift in the east. The new Bromont Chondola opens on December 23rd.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information