Stratton Mountain - New Snow Bowl HSQ - Page 28

AlpineZone

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Frankly if any mountain didn't have a BIG (for them) crowd today, they're in some financial peril

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1,7,14,15,21,26,27,28,29,30 (Mount Snow) 16 (Mount Southington) 22 (Okemo) 31 (Berkshire East)
    January: 1,4,5,11,12,18,19,20 (Mount Snow) 6,13 (Mount Southington)

Right, but no summit lifts after advertising they would be running and no way to ski back to sunbowl base lodge even though it was open with a lift. Everyone i know who attempted to go bailed by 10am.

Sent from my SM-G960U using AlpineZone mobile app

From the snow report this AM...sounds like the new lift is going to open soon:

New Year’s Eve is nearly here and the opening of the new Snow Bowl Express is on the horizon. Lift inspections are set to begin on today as we put the finishing touches on terminal decks, build out the ramps and corral, and add a fresh coat of snow to get it ski and ride ready.
    SoVT

New lift opens tomorrow at 10AM:

Welcome to 2019! We are ready to launch the new Snow Bowl Express and all the stars are aligned with three inches of new snow overnight and a forecast for more. First chair heads for the summit of southern Vermont’s highest peak on Saturday, Jan. 5 at 10 am. Let’s all give a round of applause to the eight men and women on the first two chairs representing the teams that made it happen. We look forward to seeing you for the debut.
    SoVT

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    New lift opens tomorrow at 10AM:

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    I would expect some terrain expansion too. Lift Line and LSG/World Cup had big whales on Monday. Also, I have to think Super Trail is ready to go.

The lift was working today and it was great to see it under operation. I rode the lift twice and so much faster than the old Snow Bowl lift. However. sadly, there was not much terrain expansion. They did open World Cup, but no Lift Line and no Super Trail. Also, you couldn't ski from Amex to the new lift. The connecting trail was closed at the final approach. I have to assume that will be open soon. There's plenty of snow there.

It's too bad the weather stunk today. (Too much r-word). The afternoon was better with soft snow and no precipitation.

Thanks for the update. We opted to skip since it was raining. Ended up moving some firewood once the rain stopped. Hoping to get to the mountain next weekend. Saw a few pics and video of the new lift on Stratton's Social Media.
    SoVT

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Thanks for the update. We opted to skip since it was raining. Ended up moving some firewood once the rain stopped. Hoping to get to the mountain next weekend. Saw a few pics and video of the new lift on Stratton's Social Media.
    Sunday was great. Early morning conditions were surprisingly good, hats off to the groomers.. Also, it snowed most of the day on Sunday and no crowds. My son even ventured into the woods.

Took a couple rides today, very fast and extremely smooth! Already changing the traffic patterns on the mountain.........

"If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

We rode it for the first time yesterday. Nice lift! It was good to see the setup there; wasn't sure where the bottom terminal was based on the drawings.

Agreed, I think it helps with the flow up top. That new cut through trail really helps unloading; no more hiking up.
    SoVT

Thread Information