Stratton Mountain - New Snow Bowl HSQ

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Stratton Mountain - New Snow Bowl HSQ

Hoping to be back up next weekend but just in case made some laps down the nice last pitch of the "Snow Bowl Alley" trail on Saturday. The configuration of the base station and chair storage rail on the new HSQ will radically alter the look and flow of this area for sure!

IMG_8857.jpg

IMG_8863.jpg

If your interested the plans for the new lift can be viewed here..... https://anrweb.vt.gov/ANR/vtANR/Act250SearchResults.aspx?Num=2W0519-29

Ohh!! BTW, Did hear another very interesting rumor today about the Old Snow Bowl Quad........

"If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Please indulge us!

Putting it over on Kidderbrook?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

In the act 250 applications there is a document called bottom terminal 3D model with a picture of a 90 dopplemeyr with background. Is it going to go used? No other new lifts in there so that's got to be it for Stratton for this year.

Interesting documents. Looks like they may do some regrading up top to access Mike's Way from the new lift?

Also, tax generation documents have some predicted skier visit numbers based on the new lift.

My wife and I rode the Snow Bowl lifts a few weeks ago when it was open for the last time.
    SoVT

I also rode the Sun Bowl lift two weeks ago, but as of yesterday, it looks very much closed down forever. I'm excited to ride the new lift next season.

The rumor I heard about the old lift is that they're selling the chairs to Magic. (The previous rumor was that they were going to move the lift replace the Tamarack lift, which doesn't make sense as that lift is never crowded and doesn't need the extra capacity.)

Quote Originally Posted by ghughes20 View Post
    I also rode the Sun Bowl lift two weeks ago, but as of yesterday, it looks very much closed down forever. I'm excited to ride the new lift next season.

The rumor I heard about the old lift is that they're selling the chairs to Magic. (The previous rumor was that they were going to move the lift replace the Tamarack lift, which doesn't make sense as that lift is never crowded and doesn't need the extra capacity.)
    What is Magic going to do with Quad chairs??
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

That I can't answer, just the rumor I heard. Having never been to Magic, I assume based on your comment their lifts are only doubles. They'd need more than just Sun Bowl Chairs!!!

They could easily be for the Borvig lift they're finishing up the install of, the "Green" lift.

Sent from my LG-H820 using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Magic may be after more than just the chairs...... The Snowbowl chair is almost exactly the same length as a certain troubled summit lift, just saying.
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Thread Information