Stranded overnight on Gore chairlift

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53
  1. #1

    Stranded overnight on Gore chairlift

    http://poststar.com/news/local/man-s...78e7dbf89.html



    https://gearjunkie.com/man-stranded-...ntain-ski-lift

  2. #2
    "refusing medical treatment" also sounds like not being a dick and planning to sue Gore out of business

    Hopefully he gets a seasons pass out of it though

  3. #3
    I'll never understand how something like this could happen...

  4. #4
    He's got a payday coming if this is any indication: https://www.adventuresportsnetwork.c...00-in-damages/

    750,000$ for 5 hours on the killington gondola

    Overnight would have to be more.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Posts
    2,043
    Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    "refusing medical treatment" also sounds like not being a dick and planning to sue Gore out of business

    Hopefully he gets a seasons pass out of it though
    If its true, they need to be held responsible! This guy could have died. I would sue the pants off of them!

  6. #6
    That's a long, cold night.

    But this bit from the article makes it sound like Frozen was a documentary.

    "It’s not unprecedented for skiers to get stuck on lifts overnight, locally and at ski areas around the world. A movie titled “Frozen” was made in 2010 about a particularly cold, grueling experience of skiers stranded for hours."

  7. #7
    ThinkSnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bad Liver Valley, VT
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    That's a long, cold night.

    But this bit from the article makes it sound like Frozen was a documentary.

    "It’s not unprecedented for skiers to get stuck on lifts overnight, locally and at ski areas around the world. A movie titled “Frozen” was made in 2010 about a particularly cold, grueling experience of skiers stranded for hours."
    Agreed. Has anyone been able to watch that entire movie? I tried once, figuring it would be a stupid skiing movie-- and it was-- however it was so bad I couldn't continue past the first 20 minutes.
    Sugarbush skier since 1985.........Think Snow!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSnow View Post
    Agreed. Has anyone been able to watch that entire movie? I tried once, figuring it would be a stupid skiing movie-- and it was-- however it was so bad I couldn't continue past the first 20 minutes.
    I couldn't make it through the trailer, never mind even trying to watch the movie!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSnow View Post
    Agreed. Has anyone been able to watch that entire movie? I tried once, figuring it would be a stupid skiing movie-- and it was-- however it was so bad I couldn't continue past the first 20 minutes.
    I made it til the end but it was a decision I really regretted. 2 hours of my life wasted that I can never get back

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Long Island / Killington
    Posts
    153
    OK I'll admit it. I watched the whole thing. It really went off the rails when wolves starting chasing the people who jumped. I wish I could have that hour and a half back

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:21 AM.