• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stranded overnight on Gore chairlift

catskills

Do they get paid for the 16 hours they are up there that the place is closed?
Wow paid to sleep at the top of Jackson Hole and get first tracks in the morning. Hell I would pay the resort to sleep up there. With 16oz PBRs and all the waffles you can eat how bad can it be.

Actually it can be bad. I understand the sleeper in Corbets Cabin 10,450 feet at top of Tram has had some scary nights with well over 70MPH winds. If that doesn't scare you there is always the chance of being buried alive.
https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/corbets-cabin-buried-snow/

mriceyman

Wow paid to sleep at the top of Jackson Hole and get first tracks in the morning. Hell I would pay the resort to sleep up there. With 16oz PBRs and all the waffles you can eat how bad can it be.

Actually it can be bad. I understand the sleeper in Corbets Cabin 10,450 feet at top of Tram has had some scary nights with well over 70MPH winds. If that doesn't scare you there is always the chance of being buried alive.
https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/corbets-cabin-buried-snow/

Yea f that

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Abominable

Wow, props to BG and other cynics on this board that called it.

I'm laughing at the idea of some burnout ski bum riding a lift and concocting this whole plan to defraud the mountain. Sounds like something I'd come up with.

BenedictGomez

All he got was $1,000 fine. That's grossly lenient.

Hell, everyone may as well pull this scam given the favorable risk/reward of losing $1,000 versus gaining $200,000 or $500,000. Those are fantastic odds.

Isaac Hyde, 37, was fined $1,000 and faces a one-year conditional discharge. The conditional discharge requires him to avoid re-arrest and meet other conditions, or risk re-sentencing to up to a year in Warren County Jail.

State Police became suspicious of Hyde’s story due to the fact he was not hypothermic or exhibiting any signs of frostbite.

Hyde had formerly worked at Gore.

ironhippy

Hyde had formerly worked at Gore.

I wonder how much that came into play, he probably knew how to get on the chair without anyone seeing (or even had someone help him)

I wonder how long he'd planned it.

raisingarizona

So a disgruntled x-employee saw how much that gal at Killington scored a few years back and devised a plan?