• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

where are we going this weekend?

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
coverage looking good at the bottom, though:

View attachment 23891

It's really deep still on Superstar. Skyelark and lower Bittersweet also have a good chance at making it another weekend. Its the "access" trails that are taking a beating. Still lots of snow on top of the headwall. Running out of snow to "farm" at the bottom.

I think with somewhat average weather they will make Memorial Day weekend but with lots of hiking up top. Unlike years past the bottom looks to be the most solid right now with the flat middle section in the "worst" shape.

IMG_20180513_121005267.jpg

"Least deep" middle section
IMG_20180513_164126361.jpg

Dreamy
IMG_20180513_165632890.jpg

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Thinking there maybe some walking involved next weekend at the bottom

The only way it could be ski-to the lift is if they sacrifice some snow at the base of Supe. No reserves left to farm down there. This year I don't believe they made that massive pile at the base with the fan gun that runs constantly whenever snow making is on.

skiur

Overall there is less snow than last year on SS. Where they did do a great job is where the lower S typically forms. That is covered nicely this year. The pile on top if the headwall was smaller, and at the base. What was great this year was how much was blown on ovation. Skiing ovation in may is an added bonus even if that snow came from the SS glacier.

Jully

The only way it could be ski-to the lift is if they sacrifice some snow at the base of Supe. No reserves left to farm down there. This year I don't believe they made that massive pile at the base with the fan gun that runs constantly whenever snow making is on.

I don't think they made the pile last year either. I remember walking on and off the lift by this time last year too, I think.

machski

It looks like it may only be SS this weekend as well:
View attachment 23895
Lower Skyelark was already thin this past weekend. Doubted that would last, but High Road over to Lower Bittersweet was quite full and pretty deep. Upper Skyelark was good, just the track to it was thin. But they had enough snow at the top of SS and Gateway to manage both SS headwall and track to Skyelark IMHO.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app