• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

where are we going this weekend?

SkiRay

strong disagree. skied killington Saturday. hiked Snowdon for patsy's and low rider. ducked ropes on anarchy and Julio. skied somewhere/nowhere which was legit open. skied the woods skiers right of lower superstar and skiers left of east fall as well.

anarchy and Julio lost snow at the lowest steep pitch and I needed to hike out of anarchy and traverse out of Julio to ovation. otherwise the woods were in shockingly good shape.

amazing day for april 28.

Could not believe how deep it was this weekend. Sadly, our season looks over - the next two weekends our kids have school related activities to be at. All of us got in 60 days.. Maybe we can sneak in the 3rd weekend or over Memorial Day. We will see.

Killington looks to be in good shape to make it to June 1st. I think Whiteface too. I just hope this season doesn't jinx next...

skiur

I'm thinking K tomorrow. There's still enough on the SS pod to keep most people happy. As for hiking to the canyon, I usually do it 2-3 times per day while it's good. It takes about a half hour per lap if the runout is intact, and obviously a bit longer with a hike out A late morning canyon lap with a beer and lunch up top, and a last run of the day lap don't cut into my ski day much at all as last chair probably won't happen either way. Hopefully the runout is still mostly good.

Exactly, taking the "nature walk" to the canyon a few times should not stop someone from getting another 10-15 runs on superstar.

cdskier

What is the walkup rate on Sunday? Only late season rate I see on the website is $50 for golf and ski.

No idea on walkup rate, but $39.50 online if you buy it now for Sunday. Even day of you can still buy online (although the price may go up a bit)

gladerider

Could not believe how deep it was this weekend. Sadly, our season looks over - the next two weekends our kids have school related activities to be at. All of us got in 60 days.. Maybe we can sneak in the 3rd weekend or over Memorial Day. We will see.

Killington looks to be in good shape to make it to June 1st. I think Whiteface too. I just hope this season doesn't jinx next...

this saturday is whiteface's last day of operation. their longest season in history. $15 lift ticket.

cdskier

I'm extremely impressed and thrilled to see that Bristol in Western NY made it to May 1st this year. Good for them! I used to ski there every weekend back in college.

This weekend I can't wait to get back up to Sugarbush for the final weekend. Today on the way home from work here in NJ my truck said 98 degrees at one point. Disgusting!

machski

Damn, that's a bummer!
Any updates? How is the pod holding up?
Came up about noon. I just skinned up K Peak to pass the time in the am. Catwalk was still skiable from the top. Do that to a wall to wall Downdraft. The run-out is in tact until tower 4 on the K1 (basically as you come to the Highline merge). That was as of Wednesday.
As to the spot, everything still really good. Very top of Ovation is almost walk required but the balance of trail is still solid, including lower Ovation (slight walk out in front of K1 lodge). The surprise to me is the load bay for SS. They did not have much stacked up there, the loading was almost down to dirt by days end.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Jcb890

Came up about noon. I just skinned up K Peak to pass the time in the am. Catwalk was still skiable from the top. Do that to a wall to wall Downdraft. The run-out is in tact until tower 4 on the K1 (basically as you come to the Highline merge). That was as of Wednesday.
As to the spot, everything still really good. Very top of Ovation is almost walk required but the balance of trail is still solid, including lower Ovation (slight walk out in front of K1 lodge). The surprise to me is the load bay for SS. They did not have much stacked up there, the loading was almost down to dirt by days end.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app
Killington was great on Saturday. Plenty of coverage on the SS pod still. Plenty of people still hiking over to do Cascade and whatnot also.

KustyTheKlown

I just accepted a new job (not the vail job I previously mentioned. I am staying in nyc), but I end next Friday and don't start the new one until 5/29 or 6/4 (tbd). I hope killington can keep it going thru memorial day weekend so I can log one more day. im also thinking about maybe flying out to co to ski basin/Loveland and see the disco biscuits at red rocks.

chuckstah

I just accepted a new job (not the vail job I previously mentioned. I am staying in nyc), but I end next Friday and don't start the new one until 5/29 or 6/4 (tbd). I hope killington can keep it going thru memorial day weekend so I can log one more day. im also thinking about maybe flying out to co to ski basin/Loveland and see the disco biscuits at red rocks.

From what I saw this weekend, K will likely be spinning at least part of Memorial weekend, walking (a lot maybe?) required. The top of the headwall is already done. They will push in snow this weekend, but once that's required, it doesn't last the day. The rest of the trail is in outstanding shape, for now. I'm hoping Skylarke will still be in play this Friday, likely the only day I can make it this weekend. But of course, if you can swing the Colorado trip, enjoy A-basin, far better play than K. Loveland is closed.

If you have time off till end of the month, fly out to Reno and go to Mammoth. Ski all morning till early afternoon, go for a hike late afternoon, a majestic time of year to be out there. I guarantee you won't regret it.