• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington April 28/29

caribchakita

Website
www.bonairecaribbean.com
Thinking about a Spring Boarding Sesh, Sat./ Sunday at K'Ton. Any place else open? Does anyone have a rec for a cheap clean place to lay my head at night. Arrival mid day Saturday, checking out Sunday AM. Thanks all...Not feeling Wildcat but it's still a possibility...I read about too much ice and had enough of that this year

Smellytele

Thinking about a Spring Boarding Sesh, Sat./ Sunday at K'Ton. Any place else open? Does anyone have a rec for a cheap clean place to lay my head at night. Arrival mid day Saturday, checking out Sunday AM. Thanks all...Not feeling Wildcat but it's still a possibility...I read about too much ice and had enough of that this year

Where did you read about ice at wildcat? everything I have read on here is how great it has been.

Jcb890

Where did you read about ice at wildcat? everything I have read on here is how great it has been.
Yesterday it was probably pretty nice.
Last Sunday it was pretty icy though.

We're thinking of Killington this weekend ourselves as well while they still have a decent pod of terrain off the K1.

skiur

For cheaper places to stay look at hotels in Mendon, or even cheaper would be Rutland, be careful of real cheap places in Rutland though, I've been to a few that were quite nasty.

mister moose

Cheapest and close if you're alone is Turn of the River Lodge, on Rte 4 near the Skyeship(closed), 8 minute drive to KBL. Female or Male Dorm beds for $40. Other rooms available.
https://www.turnofriverlodge.com/rooms-and-rates

Lots of other places for a little more, everyone's spring rates are down.

Chalet Killington, reasonable for right on the Access Road:
http://www.chaletkillington.com/rates.html

Mountain Sports Inn, Access Rd, $79

Mendon Orchards, small family run, quaint, not expensive, 12 minutes away.
http://www.mendonorchards.com/stay/

Hillside Inn bottom of access rd, $79 on the internet

Lots of options. Rutland should be unnecessary.

KustyTheKlown

i'll likely be at K this weekend

I stay at one of the two roadway inns in rutland when I'm trying to be real cheap. <$60. they are gross tho.

Zand

Stayed at hillside a month ago on a Sunday night for $74. Not sure if you'll get that good of a price on a Saturday but it's a nice place.

Killingtime

hey, thanks, all...super excited...need clean and quiet, nothing fancy...keep me in the loop for thoughts on the weekend..fingers crossed for amazing spring boarding

You will have a good time. They have a ton of snow remaining that should easily survive until next weekend even with the predicted rain. K was off the charts this weekend.

JDMRoma

Saturday was Amazing at the Cat, best day of my season or pretty darn close !

Certainly no Ice at Wildcat other than at the Bar !!

J

prsboogie

Don't know how many other ways to say this past weekend was the best skiing this season except for the stupid deep powder days mid March. With the weather forecast there definitely will be no ice on the Cat.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

gladerider

big K should be great this weekend. i couldn't believe how good the conditions were this past weekend. some eating places are closing up so you may want to check before you go. we ate at peppino's and they said they were closing after sunday so they are now closed.