• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whiteface

SkiRay

We hope you all like our episode on Whiteface. A truly incredible mountain. Big East skiing at its finest too. If you could leave a comment on what you thought below, it is all we ask for (still not sponsored, paid or get a thing for free). Some rumors going around about that.

We think our season is done - though have two more episodes coming. Happy Spring Skiing!

SkiRay

Hey Tuna,

Thank you. We have been working the kids this winter - all those January/February days - getting them to do a number of drills, pole planting superman, slide slips, one leg drills - we all got a bit better. We had a few guys from the blogs who are PSIA or race coaches - come meet us to ski and give us tips - which was GREAT. I still suck.

We had planned this shoot 2 years ago - then weather got in the way - last year we had to cancel as Alicia tore her ACL and then like at the last minute we got to do this trip in April.

Alicia wrote a LONG report here - http://www.albaadventures.com/superskismo/the-alba-adventures-9-day-ski-trip/

How was your surgery?

Wilmington and Hoyts - were closed. Same with Lookout Below. Though what we did ski was amazing.

bdfreetuna

I see! Hard to tell if it was recent or 2+ months ago the way this winters been.

Surgery was just an extraction of benign mass on the leg. Had to hobble around a bit for a few days -- really it's so minor I wouldn't have mentioned it, except for I can imagine it becoming pretty painful if I tried to exert myself like that this past weekend

I checked out Alicia's blog but between the mentions of Dubai, Himalayan skiing and Kicking Horse I figured I was in over my head ;)

SkiRay

I see! Hard to tell if it was recent or 2+ months ago the way this winters been.

Surgery was just an extraction of benign mass on the leg. Had to hobble around a bit for a few days -- really it's so minor I wouldn't have mentioned it, except for I can imagine it becoming pretty painful if I tried to exert myself like that this past weekend

I checked out Alicia's blog but between the mentions of Dubai, Himalayan skiing and Kicking Horse I figured I was in over my head ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

Alicia is cracking up too!

SkiRay

Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 12.20.02 PM.jpg

THIS TOOK US BY SURPRISE. "I Love NY" !

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 6.04.15 PM.jpg

And this was from last week.. We didn't think this episode would be so good either. Thank you for watching it. Really, this group and others have really helped us along the way. Well, we think shoot better and tell better stories. Not sure what you guys think...