Bra trees

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bra trees

Bra trees

Who here feels they have gotten out of control? Used to be there was one bra tree on a mountain, and it had one well placed bra on it. Now, it's every lift line it seems like, and there's half a dozen bras, and beads on every tree up the line and those CD disks. I mean, it just looks like litter now.

I know i don't need to ask for them, but I'd like your opinions please!
    lovin life,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    Thread closed!

Quote Originally Posted by uphillklimber View Post
    Who here feels they have gotten out of control? Used to be there was one bra tree on a mountain, and it had one well placed bra on it. Now, it's every lift line it seems like, and there's half a dozen bras, and beads on every tree up the line and those CD disks. I mean, it just looks like litter now.
    I agree.

And I've never understood this or what the point is. It looks like dirty littering that is somehow bizarrely tolerated. The plastic beads are even worse, they can break in relatively no time and then you have plastic bits all over the ground.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Agreed. Count me as someone who doesn’t find littering to be especially humorous.

Bras aren't cheap....I could never understand wasting one that way.

There are bigger littering issues to tackle in my opinion. I think a designated tree is fine. There are only one maybe 2 at Sugarbush. I also know some of the women that have contributed and if they want to take off their bras and contribute I am totally in.

They were funny for about two seasons back around 1995

Speaking of scarring up a pretty mountainside, as much as I've relied on snowmaking in my life, sometimes when I'm at a ski area with tons of various rigged pole mounted snow guns I step outside of myself and think - what a mess.

The bra trees don't bother me. I just often wonder how they get perfectly put in the tree. Does the lift stop for a long time and it's like, hey why not?

What bothers me though are the empties strewn everywhere. You had it in your pocket or backpack when it was full, why can't you put it back in when empty and throw it out instead of dropping it off the chair?

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    What bothers me though are the empties strewn everywhere. You had it in your pocket or backpack when it was full, why can't you put it back in when empty and throw it out instead of dropping it off the chair?
    I said the same thing this weekend as I watched from the VH chair at Sugarbush as one of the liftees was hiking down picking up all the litter. It really shouldn't be that difficult to dispose of your own trash properly.

Thread Information