• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bra trees

Hawk

Why?

Can I designate a "bungee cord tree" and toss a bunch of bungee cords onto a specific lift line tree next year at Sugarbush?

The reality is, the entire thing is moronic, but because people got used to seeing it over the last 20'ish years, they just think, "whatever" now, but it's dumb.
So by designated I meant that the one established tree is fine with me. It is festive and I do not mind such a trivial thing. Sure it's dumb but I certainly do not think I would rally against it. It's simply not that big a deal. I am certainly more likely to be bothered by the people that fire cans and trash off of every lift in the place. In fact I will rally my wife to put another one up there next year. Because if she likes it then I am on board. Good luck with your budgies. LOL

Jcb890

It is dumb, yes.
The litter angle is I suppose valid, but there's far more/worse littering done by assholes tossing beer cans all over the mountain/off the lifts. In my opinion.

Yes, bras are expensive... you rarely see a nice one up in the trees though from what I have observed. And they're usually on the... "small" side, you could say. :D

IceEidolon

Last year at Blue the garbage cans weren't set out until mid-season. I promise I'd rather see one trashy spout than empties all the way up each liftline. And there were garbage cans at all the unloads, they don't really help.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

deadheadskier

Staff member
Why not just a zero tolerance policy on literring? Drop a can from the lift and you're spotted by a mountain employee and you get two choices. Ski down and pick up your garbage or forfeit your skiing privileges for the day.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

Why not just a zero tolerance policy on literring? Drop a can from the lift and you're spotted by a mountain employee and you get two choices. Ski down and pick up your garbage or forfeit your skiing privileges for the day.

Zero tolerance would be you dont get a chance to pick it up. I like that option better. I imagine that's probably already the rule at some places (at least I'd sure like to think it is).

Smellytele

Zero tolerance would be you dont get a chance to pick it up. I like that option better. I imagine that's probably already the rule at some places (at least I'd sure like to think it is).

People accidentally drop things off the lift all the time would they be booted? I was skiing once at okemo and I was riding up on the lift and saw money under the lift. I skied down and collected the $35 that was down there on the blue groomer. I guess if they were stupid enough to drop money off the lift they should be booted.

BenedictGomez

People accidentally drop things off the lift all the time would they be booted?

Accidental? I dont think anyone here mentioned anything about accidentally dropping a mitten from a lift. Overt littering is not accidental, that's what I think everyone here's talking about.

If you throw an empty (probably Pabst) can from the lift, it's sayonara. There shouldn't be tolerance for that IMO.

Jcb890

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
That sounds good, but I think would be very tough to implement and follow through with all the time.

spiderpig

Accidental? I dont think anyone here mentioned anything about accidentally dropping a mitten from a lift. Overt littering is not accidental, that's what I think everyone here's talking about.

If you throw an empty (probably Pabst) can from the lift, it's sayonara. There shouldn't be tolerance for that IMO.

I've accidentally dropped food wrappers from a lift, and I'm not changing my plan to try and go pick them up, especially after the wind has its chance.

Garbage cans at the top are very helpful, but some people are gonna litter anyway.