Bra trees - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bra trees

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Wait, what?

If this is true, I'd love to read their scientific rationale behind it (so I can subsequently mock it).
    Human waste is particularly icky? Sure, it would be preferable if all animals relieved themselves in toilets, but humans are the only ones reliably capable of doing so, so why not force them to?

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Wait, what?

If this is true, I'd love to read their scientific rationale behind it (so I can subsequently mock it).
    BG, we need you to dress-down SLC. They are NAZIS when it comes to policing the waters of both Cottonwood Canyons. First, no dogs. Period. Second, nobody is to TOUCH the water. The reason? It is drinking water. Of course they chlorinate it, but still, nobody can swim, fish, bathe, drink, or touch the water. When we stayed at Tanner Flats in 2012 we observed the SLC Water Department ACTUALLY driving through daily to monitor people. They still do that. The campground managers were very blunt about pointing out to us at check-in a sign that said, "NO SWIMMING". They said, "don't touch the water." Pretty typical for SLC. They can't do what is needed and are not at all competent, but overpolice stupid shit like this.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by mikec142 View Post
    While not a big fan of the bra tree, it's the empty beer cans that disappoint me. My imagination allows me to think that my fellow skiers share my love of the outdoors and a desire to keep our environment clean.
    This.

The most idiotic thing I have seen is at Hunter where PEAKS has installed garbage cans at various lift towers. So now you get to see an empty garbage can surrounded by tons of cans thrown there by people with bad aim.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    BG, we need you to dress-down SLC. They are NAZIS when it comes to policing the waters of both Cottonwood Canyons. First, no dogs. Period. Second, nobody is to TOUCH the water. The reason? It is drinking water. Of course they chlorinate it, but still, nobody can swim, fish, bathe, drink, or touch the water. When we stayed at Tanner Flats in 2012 we observed the SLC Water Department ACTUALLY driving through daily to monitor people. They still do that. The campground managers were very blunt about pointing out to us at check-in a sign that said, "NO SWIMMING". They said, "don't touch the water." Pretty typical for SLC. They can't do what is needed and are not at all competent, but overpolice stupid shit like this.
    What if you're dying from thirst?

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    This.

The most idiotic thing I have seen is at Hunter where PEAKS has installed garbage cans at various lift towers. So now you get to see an empty garbage can surrounded by tons of cans thrown there by people with bad aim.
    Yeah, I don't understand how people can come to the mountains and litter; it's antithetical to the experience, make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    You can't piss in the woods at Alta either. Only reserved for the animals
    Opps, I guess I'm wanted in Utah then, I've pissed in the woods at Alta hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by ceo View Post
    Every time I see a bra tree, I'm tempted to go pick up a pair of size XXXL tighty whities to contribute.
    +1 racing stripes optional lol

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Life's to short for warm-up runs
    All skis are rock skis

This.

Another Jersey thing! Mountain Creek/Vernon Valley used to have those too back in the 90s!

I had one of my students, a young girl (probably 5 or 6) tell me during a lesson on the lift "I saw a bra tree at Camelback". I have no idea what I responded with
    2019-2020 2 days and counting...
    Killington: 11/15 Mount Snow: 11/27
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    Human waste is particularly icky? Sure, it would be preferable if all animals relieved themselves in toilets, but humans are the only ones reliably capable of doing so, so why not force them to?
    There's no threat to the watershed from a human taking a pee versus a rabbit or a black bear taking a pee.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    BG, we need you to dress-down SLC. They are NAZIS when it comes to policing the waters of both Cottonwood Canyons. First, no dogs. Period. Second, nobody is to TOUCH the water. The reason? It is drinking water. Of course they chlorinate it, but still, nobody can swim, fish, bathe, drink, or touch the water.
    That's really ridiculous. I remember there being a big h2o treatment facility right at the bottom of the canyon. Yes, Fido does carry bacteria, but so too does every living thing, including raccoon, elk, bear, squirrels, skunk, mice, and 101 other critters that frolic in that same water, daily. It's not like 10 or 20 dogs stepping into the stream each day are going to harm the water, water that is particle strained & chlorinated, etc...

Uhhhh..... hate those things. They have them at Blue Mountain in PA as well, and they're ugly as hell.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Thread Information