• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your goals for next season 18/19?

Pez

Places you haven't been to in years? Trails / Lines you'd like to try? Any ski areas you've never been to?

for me:

- Getting out west again. The only time I ever skied out was was Alta in 2006. It did not end well.:-(

- With the news of the Snowbowl lift going to Magic, I'm feeling the need to ski Magic this upcoming season. I've been hesitant that last few years do to the lift issues they've had. I was last there sometime in the late 80's when there were two sides to the resort.

- I really want to ski all the little MA areas. Otis Ridge, Catamount and even Ski Ward.

- I also want to go into the season sub 200lbs. post 42 and the metabolism slows right down.

:spread:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Spend as much time skiing with my 3 year old as possible, which will be limited as we have a zero year old arriving in November.

If I can get about a dozen solo days in, I'll be happy. Mainly Wildcat with some days at Magic, Black and Whaleback as well. I bought a McIntyre pass for next year to go along with my Peak Pass as Mac is 40 minutes away which will be good for short sessions with my 3 year old and it includes 3 days a piece at Magic, Whaleback, Black and a few others. Solid deal at $239

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

The Sneak

Multiple days at Magic
Get to SBush and Loaf for first time in years
Get better at DIY edge tuning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abc

I don't have "goals" for my recreations.

(I do have other "goals". Those are things important enough that I'll stop skiing to achieve if need be)

But I do have plans, as I bought the IKON (base) pass.

- Christmas-NY in Colorado, probably split between Steamboat and Copper
- Big Sky + Jackson, probably February
- Deer Valley + Alta-bird, March

- Optional: Banff + Ravelstoke, April (if I still have stamina) Or in case Big Sky or Deer Valley have droughts

Oh yes, Stratton or any of the other Eastern mountains when I'm not traveling. Follow the snow.

[EDIT] How did I forget Sugarbush? Will definitely hit that as the top priority in the east!

Last edited:

Bumpsis

Trip out west, somewhere. Leaning towards Banff or over to BC (Revelstoke, other areas along the Powder Highway). My youngest is finally out of high school, so if spring break times coordinates with other schedules, this may be a family trip (expensive, ouch!!)...

SkiMom80

Spend as much time skiing with my 3 year old as possible, which will be limited as we have a zero year old arriving in November.

If I can get about a dozen solo days in, I'll be happy. Mainly Wildcat with some days at Magic, Black and Whaleback as well. I bought a McIntyre pass for next year to go along with my Peak Pass as Mac is 40 minutes away which will be good for short sessions with my 3 year old and it includes 3 days a piece at Magic, Whaleback, Black and a few others. Solid deal at $239

After investing a solid month on the bunny slope, I had my 3-year-old skiing almost every trail at Bretton Woods and even some glades. 2 kids means man-on-man defense, so I say taking the 3-year-old as much as possible is a solid contribution to your parenting duties! And the more you do it, the more fun it will be by the end of the season.

KustyTheKlown

speaking of goals, i skied 50 days and over 1,000,000 tracked vertical this year, which, as a combo, has always been my white whale.

i may not get to hit 50 again next year due to less vacation time at new job (for the first year i will have one week less vacation than at the job i am leaving, but it goes back to even [4 weeks] after 1 year), and having a significant other who i actually want to spend travel time with. i will still get 40 no problem but 50 seems like a stretch next season.

bdfreetuna

- I also want to go into the season sub 200lbs. post 42 and the metabolism slows right down.

I logged in to basically make this same thread... you worded it better than I was going to.

So #1, on the weight. I was up to 217 lbs in 2016. PTL I am now down to a pretty steady 193 lbs (and have been under 200 lbs the entire season). BIG difference! I mean -- I decided to lose weight to avoid turning into a fatso -- mainly limiting portions and avoiding processed foods... but if you a strong skier and lose 20+ lbs you'll notice you're a lot more agile and possibly less prone to injury as well.

GOALS ... oh yes. Summer is all about contemplating the next season. Heck, late season too.

So.

- Would like to get in some days / weekends with my wife again, did not pan out that way with a newborn baby this season

- Aiming to get up to Jay Peak in December, or really whenever they start seeing massive snow and woods are in play before anywhere else. Doesn't seem reasonable to save Jay for late spring only.

- Ski Mad River Glen more, on the best days.

- Hopefully ski Magic more, assuming we have an OK snow season.

- Smuggs is one mountain I just haven't been too very often, mostly due to inconvenience of getting there. Try to work on changing that.

- Go into the season with strong legs due to summer/fall biking... avoid knee pain + injury while skiing

- Try to get my fitness to the point where I can ski an extra hour or so before the legs go limp

- Still trying to make it to Gore when their woods are in play

Probably going to be another mostly solo powder-chasing-in-VT season.

bdfreetuna

Nah but next time I do an overnight in Barre I'll try to make sure Smuggs doesn't get overlooked.

Probably try to reduce/eliminate Stowe + Bolton trips to make it happen.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Get new boots and new sticks.

Still need to knock Gore, Whiteface, Jay, Sugarloaf, Tucks, and others off my list before my time on this coast is finished.

I got 83 days in this year to my own surprise. 100 is a possibility next year...unlikely...but if I'm at 90 in early April I'm going for it.

Pez

Congratulations on the upcoming new baby.

MG Skier

I logged in to basically make this same thread... you worded it better than I was going to.

So #1, on the weight. I was up to 217 lbs in 2016. PTL I am now down to a pretty steady 193 lbs (and have been under 200 lbs the entire season). BIG difference! I mean -- I decided to lose weight to avoid turning into a fatso -- mainly limiting portions and avoiding processed foods... but if you a strong skier and lose 20+ lbs you'll notice you're a lot more agile and possibly less prone to injury as well.

GOALS ... oh yes. Summer is all about contemplating the next season. Heck, late season too.

So.

- Would like to get in some days / weekends with my wife again, did not pan out that way with a newborn baby this season

- Aiming to get up to Jay Peak in December, or really whenever they start seeing massive snow and woods are in play before anywhere else. Doesn't seem reasonable to save Jay for late spring only.

- Ski Mad River Glen more, on the best days.

- Hopefully ski Magic more, assuming we have an OK snow season.

- Smuggs is one mountain I just haven't been too very often, mostly due to inconvenience of getting there. Try to work on changing that.

- Go into the season with strong legs due to summer/fall biking... avoid knee pain + injury while skiing

- Try to get my fitness to the point where I can ski an extra hour or so before the legs go limp

- Still trying to make it to Gore when their woods are in play

Probably going to be another mostly solo powder-chasing-in-VT season.

Several excellent points....

1. Drop Weight and really get in shape.
2. Ski early in the season, not skipping November/December like I did this year...wasn't feelin' it!
3.Refine skills from late season lesson.
4. Enjoy having a ski pass and using it!!!! (Magic)
5. Ski Cannon.
6. Use my personal days!!!