• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2 more days of lift served at K before the fat lady sings.....

drjeff

Up on their conditions page today...

Friday and Saturday are it for the season. Walking likely required at some point either or both days......

machski

Based on shots I saw today, walking off and down top headwall likely required at all times. The flat right before Preston's kicks in has also fallen apart. They will snowbridge that I am sure, but with warm weather Friday, it will ski down to mud/rocks rather fast without a solid, frozen base. Unfortunately, I booked other things both days. Good season, good for K Saturday they will have the winter and summer activities going for last/first days.

Sent from my SM-T900 using AlpineZone mobile app

thetrailboss

Staff member
Both fall and spring?

Snowbird opened on the day before Thanksgiving, then closed Black Friday, then reopened a week later. I think that Brighton might have opened the weekend before Thanksgiving. Might have.

Snowbird closed on May 13th.

Jully

Snowbird opened on the day before Thanksgiving, then closed Black Friday, then reopened a week later. I think that Brighton might have opened the weekend before Thanksgiving. Might have.

Snowbird closed on May 13th.

Wow, beat Utah by a fair margin on both ends. Of course, the quality of the opening and closing day in terms of trails and snow is vastly different... but still.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Wow, beat Utah by a fair margin on both ends. Of course, the quality of the opening and closing day in terms of trails and snow is vastly different... but still.

Not that much different this season. Despite the spin you may hear, this season was terrible. Alta normally does not put season passes on sale until August 1st. Snowbird is not much sooner. Both were actively marketing and selling on March 1st. That is FIVE MONTHS sooner than normal. And both have moved up their cut-offs for early pricing. They are desperate for money.

This article was complete and utter bullshit:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/04...ame-through-to-salvage-a-low-snow-ski-season/

Jully

Not that much different this season. Despite the spin you may hear, this season was terrible. Alta normally does not put season passes on sale until August 1st. Snowbird is not much sooner. Both were actively marketing and selling on March 1st. That is FIVE MONTHS sooner than normal. And both have moved up their cut-offs for early pricing. They are desperate for money.

This article was complete and utter bullshit:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/04...ame-through-to-salvage-a-low-snow-ski-season/

I saw complaints that Brighton was earlier than normal too. That's frightening. Hope next year is killer good.

AbominableSnowman

Based on shots I saw today, walking off and down top headwall likely required at all times. The flat right before Preston's kicks in has also fallen apart. They will snowbridge that I am sure, but with warm weather Friday, it will ski down to mud/rocks rather fast without a solid, frozen base. Unfortunately, I booked other things both days. Good season, good for K Saturday they will have the winter and summer activities going for last/first days.

Sent from my SM-T900 using AlpineZone mobile app

Skied there Friday, 5/25.

Walk on, walk off the lift - check. Hiking down the headwall - check. Mud and rocks in places - check. Nice stretches of moguls in places - check. Lots of fun, sun and good moods - CHECK!

Hats off to Killington staff - thanks for keeping Superstar open as long as you did during a challenging winter and spring. Hope you guys are celebrating in the parking lot with everyone else at the end of today, after closing for the season.

Cheers!

Cornhead

Rolled the dice Saturday, skied from noon till three, no r@#n, season finally over. My buddy Dick wanted to leave, I was game for more, then I realized he just went on third shift, he drove up right after work, so for him it was 3AM.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app