Merger of the Week: Alterra to Buy Solitude (Utah) - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    This is setting up to be a big "battle" between Alterra and Vail! With Alterra now having basically "surrounded" Vail's Park City Resort property.....
    The interconnect is coming, or at least portions are going to happen.

I'm a big fan of it. I'd also love to see Colorado's response to the Utah interconnect.

Maybe bridge together A-Basin to Loveland and then over to Keystone? Vail to Minturn and then up to Beaver Creek? A Whistler type lift spanning over I-70 connecting Breck to Copper?
    Last edited by raisingarizona; Jun 22, 2018 at 1:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Another reason Brighton becomes attractive as an acquisition to either entity.
    Very true. I think it is undervalued. It is a frickin gold mine. Boyne prints money with that place. Lots of potential and it has a good market niche right now (locals) that could be expanded to get more out-of-towners. I am always surprised how few folks know about it outside of Utah.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post

I'm a big fan of it. I'd also love to see Colorado's response to the Utah interconnect.

Maybe bridge together A-Basin to Loveland and then over to Keystone? Vail to Minturn and then up to Beaver Creek? A Whistler type lift spanning over I-70 connecting Breck to Copper?
    One Wasatch has been in the works for a while now. I have not heard or seen much about it lately. Right now we have people pissed about Alta building a small 10-person tram to the top of Baldy. So when One Wasatch talks start again you know that there is going to be a shitstorm even though the impacts and needed corridors are relatively minor.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post

Really nowhere near the same opportunity as Utah. I cant see connecting Loveland through Keystone, just not enough bang-for-the-buck logic to join those 3 areas IMO, and connecting Beaver Creek to Vail would take MILES of lifts, probably the longest on the planet, which, even with Vail's money would be pushing it probably.

Juxtapose that with OneWasatch, which IMO, would be a revolutionary economic opportunity. Every Wasatch area would gain domestic market share simply from the incredible uniqueness of the experience. You could start your day at Solitude or Snowbird and have lunch on Main Street in Park City. lol
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Thread Information