• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Silverton for old guys in their 50's

Razor

If I read this right, you could get 3 free days each at Smuggs and Mad River Glen included in this $149 deal.

Might have to change thread title to: silverton for cheap old guys

June 28, 2018…. In what must be the best deal ever in Skiing, Silverton Mountain is now offering $39 Heli Skiing, an exclusive Private Mountain Day, and 42 FREE DAYS with its Season Passes!

Silverton Mountain is rolling out a big expansion to its $149 Unguided Season Passholders for 2018/19.

The upcoming spring unguided season at Silverton Mountain will now begin at its earliest time ever on March 21, 2019 and run Thursday-Sunday through April 14, 2019.

That is a 166% increase in available ski days to the unguided season and yet the early bird Spring Unguided Pass price remains unchanged at only $149.

The $149 Spring Unguided Season Pass (early bird purchase price) includes the spring unguided season at Silverton Mountain, plus an exclusive private mountain day on March 20th, a $39 heli drop, 42 Free Days at partner resorts across the US, $89 guided Skiing*, and discounts on premium draft beers throughout the season. Partner resorts include some of the best “core” ski areas, as the corporate ski industry landscape continues to homogenize by the day.

On Wednesday, March 20th, season passholders will have exclusive private access to the mountain for a day of Skiing before opening the unguided season to the public beginning on March 21st.

Silverton Mountain will be open Thurs-Sun (including Monday, Presidents Day) during the entire guided and unguided season. Silverton Mountain is slated to open with heli skiing available November 24, 2018. Guided season will begin December 27, 2018 and Unguided season starts March 21, 2019.
Only a very limited number of early bird $149 Unguided Season Passes will be sold for the 2018-19 season. Until August 1s t (or when the very limited supplies run out), you can purchase your Unguided Pass for only $149 (regular price $499). * $89 guided skiing discounts are on standby basis.

http://silvertonmountain.com/big-new...018-19-season/

p_levert

If I read this right, you could get 3 free days each at Smuggs and Mad River Glen included in this $149 deal.

I read it the same way. 6 MRG/Smuggs tickets for $149 is a great deal. Best deal since Mt. Bohemia and the Freedom Pass.

p_levert

I read it the same way. 6 MRG/Smuggs tickets for $149 is a great deal. Best deal since Mt. Bohemia and the Freedom Pass.

KustyTheKlown

hope everyones having a nice summer

came in here to ask about this deal

do we know about blackouts and weekends for smuggs and mrg? said tbd on silverton's page. silverton said on facebook they will confirm vt details this week, but i'm pretty eager to lock this down. useless for me midweek tho.

2planks2coasts

Saw this on another forum. What a sweet deal. I already pulled the trigger on the Loveland pass, which has a fair bit of overlap (though the combo would give me 6 days at each overlapping resort), but this may be too sweet to pass up. Smuggs and MRG are great East Coast partners. The one time Heli drop and one partner resort day make the pass worth it.

KustyTheKlown

Per silverton Facebook chat

Smuggs Blackout Xmas week, mlk weekend, pres week
MRG provided verbal commitment of no blackouts but silverton has been having difficulty reaching someone to confirm

KustyTheKlown

pretty annoyed about this. they told me that MRG gave verbal indications of no blackout dates, and i bought it. now its not only holiday blackouts (no big deal and to be expected), but weekend blackouts. this makes this a much less attractive deal for me. it does result in me planning on taking a friday and a monday off to use the damn thing (friday mrg, sat sun smuggs, monday mrg), but i'm so loathe to take vacation dates to ski the east when i have such lofty western ski goals.

while i'm here, i'll also say that i've booked an airBNB near winter park for december 23-29, and flights for MLK weekend to denver as well as the ramada in frisco for $160/night.

my ikon pass is only good at copper and winter park for the holidays, and i got MLK flights for $170 round trip at the exact times i need, so i figured why not. the airbnb is refundable if xmas ends up snowless.

i also may ACTUALLY GO TO SILVERTON, and monarch (freebies with the silverton pass) in late march/early april. my denver buddy bought too and is all about the heli drop and ridge hikes.

Razor

pretty annoyed about this. they told me that MRG gave verbal indications of no blackout dates, and i bought it. now its not only holiday blackouts (no big deal and to be expected), but weekend blackouts. this makes this a much less attractive deal for me. it does result in me planning on taking a friday and a monday off to use the damn thing (friday mrg, sat sun smuggs, monday mrg), but i'm so loathe to take vacation dates to ski the east when i have such lofty western ski goals.

while i'm here, i'll also say that i've booked an airBNB near winter park for december 23-29, and flights for MLK weekend to denver as well as the ramada in frisco for $160/night.

my ikon pass is only good at copper and winter park for the holidays, and i got MLK flights for $170 round trip at the exact times i need, so i figured why not. the airbnb is refundable if xmas ends up snowless.

i also may ACTUALLY GO TO SILVERTON, and monarch (freebies with the silverton pass) in late march/early april. my denver buddy bought too and is all about the heli drop and ridge hikes.

Monarch is a lot of fun. Old school, no people, and good snow. You should go if you can.