• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vermont Post July 1

prsboogie

I dont think anyone is implying that smoking anything isn't going to impair lung function.

But vaping, edibles, etc are pretty much risk free.

CDC - you are acting like this is a major problem you encounter regularly. People are calling BS on that, and I'm going further and saying it is not a big deal, or certainly worth getting as upset as you seem to be about it. Get it? Not that it has never happened, not that it isn't still currently illegal.

Do you report every single person you see speeding to the cops? Because in this day and age, this is the equivalent rule breaking in terms of the law. You see, we have votes and society has determined weed is a lesser offense than even speeding (which has higher fines). It just isn't a big deal, both to the majority of society, as well as the law.

The only time I call the cops on speeders is when they are deliberately endagering the lives of others, driving 90 weaving through cars and yes, smoking joints or pounding beers. Yes society as a whole has become so self centered and inconsiderate of the whole it is disturbing. The comments of you and a few others in this thread just confirm this. As just stated above I don't care how you choose to spend your time whilst in the privacy of your own homes just leave it there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MommaBear

a little etiquette and discretion go a long way...over consumption of anything is never a good idea...having said that, regardless or setting or substance, there will always be a couple jerks in every crowd

And this is why I suffer in silence. Not worth the confrontation to find out. It has happen more than once this past season where I was a single on the bluebird and someone lit up. And I don't ski THAT often. Guess its just the luck of the draw. Should have bought a lottery ticket. :sadwalk:

drjeff

And this is why I suffer in silence. Not worth the confrontation to find out. It has happen more than once this past season where I was a single on the bluebird and someone lit up. And I don't ski THAT often. Guess its just the luck of the draw. Should have bought a lottery ticket. :sadwalk:

My standard reply, whether I'm riding as a single or if I have folks with me and whoever I'm skiing with that BB ride when I see someone who's on the chair with me go to light anything up is "Do you mind waiting the 6 minutes to the top? I have asthma (I actually don't) and smoke in small spaces around me often sets it off. Thanks". Never had any flack using that approach

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

MEtoVTSkier

My standard reply, whether I'm riding as a single or if I have folks with me and whoever I'm skiing with that BB ride when I see someone who's on the chair with me go to light anything up is "Do you mind waiting the 6 minutes to the top? I have asthma (I actually don't) and smoke in small spaces around me often sets it off. Thanks". Never had any flack using that approach

Mount Snow Policy...

[h=2]Smoking Policy[/h] In order to provide our guests with the best experience possible, we ask that you not smoke or vape in areas where there is a large concentration of people. The following locations are SMOKE FREE zones:

• Ticket Queues
  • Lift Lines
  • Chair Lifts
  • 25 ft surrounding any building
  • All decks
Cigarette Genies are positioned around the resort and we ask that you dispose of your cigarettes properly.

AdironRider

The only time I call the cops on speeders is when they are deliberately endagering the lives of others, driving 90 weaving through cars and yes, smoking joints or pounding beers. Yes society as a whole has become so self centered and inconsiderate of the whole it is disturbing. The comments of you and a few others in this thread just confirm this. As just stated above I don't care how you choose to spend your time whilst in the privacy of your own homes just leave it there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reading comprehension is your friend. No one is arguing that it is not inconsiderate, I'm saying you are making a mountain of a molehill.

VTKilarney

It's really quite simple.

If you light up on a chair lift with strangers without asking, the burden is on you to prove that you are not the douche in that situation.

SkiFanE

I've lived my 50+ years with MJ being against the law. It has never been an issue for me, professionally or legally. I've never had to surrender my fingerprints to anyone. It can stay illegal, fine with me. But as the current administration takes away the rights of my gender and many others in this nation, as well as dismantling regulations that kept our air, water and earth safe - suddenly progress I've seen made during those 50 years go "poof". Don't expect anything done by states to remain legal - there is no longer forward progress as a society - eventually the backward ass ignorants of this country will be sure you stay inside wth your joint or they'll cart you off to a jail cell. No way I'd invest a penny in the industry or even step foot in a "legal" shop. When Sessions decides all pot smokers are drug addicts and treated as such - they'll go back to whatever proof (or computer data) the "legal" states have and get you. Mark my words...this administration is that evil.

Keep your shit outside where no one can smell or inside. You just never know.....

Sure - I have a foil hat - but what I've seen the last year makes me realize that the McCarthy era-like zealots are purely capable of anything.

AdironRider

I've lived my 50+ years with MJ being against the law. It has never been an issue for me, professionally or legally. I've never had to surrender my fingerprints to anyone. It can stay illegal, fine with me. But as the current administration takes away the rights of my gender and many others in this nation, as well as dismantling regulations that kept our air, water and earth safe - suddenly progress I've seen made during those 50 years go "poof". Don't expect anything done by states to remain legal - there is no longer forward progress as a society - eventually the backward ass ignorants of this country will be sure you stay inside wth your joint or they'll cart you off to a jail cell. No way I'd invest a penny in the industry or even step foot in a "legal" shop. When Sessions decides all pot smokers are drug addicts and treated as such - they'll go back to whatever proof (or computer data) the "legal" states have and get you. Mark my words...this administration is that evil.

Keep your shit outside where no one can smell or inside. You just never know.....

Sure - I have a foil hat - but what I've seen the last year makes me realize that the McCarthy era-like zealots are purely capable of anything.

I kinda like how the legal guys still cant use banks due to the federal illegality of it. Which means I buy it cash, no tracing there.

VTKilarney

Do they smoke pot in the Handmaid's Tale?

Seriously. Alpinezone is one of the few places left on this planet where people can have a conversation without political screeds being thrown into the mix. Or at least it used to be.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

But as the current administration takes away the rights of my gender

For the benefit of everyone's amusement, could you please list all the "rights" you've lost in the last 18 months?

ROFL.

Yeah, my life seems pretty nice, I wasn't aware of the dystopian nightmare I'm living in! I better dust off my crossbow when I get home given SkiFanE just informed us that the Hunger Games have already started.

MommaBear

I'll have to try that next season. But in all fairness, you are a 6 foot (?) male? (vs a 5'4" middle aged female) Don't think you would get much flack.

benski

Seriously. Alpinezone is one of the few places left on this planet where people can have a conversation without political screeds being thrown into the mix. Or at least it used to be.

Great point. I was fortunate to have confused Facebook so it would mix left and right wing echo chambers on my newsfeed. The news media totally underestimates the differences between the two. On Facebook it’s literally 2 different worlds, with different facts, different focuses. Even the representatives of opposing organizations don’t match up in different echo chambers.

drjeff

I'll have to try that next season. But in all fairness, you are a 6 foot (?) male? (vs a 5'4" middle aged female) Don't think you would get much flack.
My wife, who also fits that 5'4" middle aged demographic to a T [emoji6], but who actually has asthma, has used that approach a few times with 100% success as well.

Pretty sure that the vast majority of the population does associate the word "asthma" with breathing problems, and actually does comprehend that smoke, of any kind, in a small space, and asthma don't mix well!!

Much better than sounding all "parental" with a "do you mind?" Or "are you really going to smoke now?" which oftens begs for a non compliant reaction from many!! Gotta thank the great writings of adloescent psychologist, Dan Seigal, Ph.D, for that basic, but often very effective concept of using a third diversion with facts over a straight confrontation approach with my formulation on this! [emoji16]