Vermont Post July 1 - Page 12

AlpineZone

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    Ouch. Well why do you ski?
    It's a character flaw, but I try my best to keep it to myself when riding lifts with strangers and their impressionable spawn.

I've lived my 50+ years with MJ being against the law. It has never been an issue for me, professionally or legally. I've never had to surrender my fingerprints to anyone. It can stay illegal, fine with me. But as the current administration takes away the rights of my gender and many others in this nation, as well as dismantling regulations that kept our air, water and earth safe - suddenly progress I've seen made during those 50 years go "poof". Don't expect anything done by states to remain legal - there is no longer forward progress as a society - eventually the backward ass ignorants of this country will be sure you stay inside wth your joint or they'll cart you off to a jail cell. No way I'd invest a penny in the industry or even step foot in a "legal" shop. When Sessions decides all pot smokers are drug addicts and treated as such - they'll go back to whatever proof (or computer data) the "legal" states have and get you. Mark my words...this administration is that evil.

Keep your shit outside where no one can smell or inside. You just never know.....

Sure - I have a foil hat - but what I've seen the last year makes me realize that the McCarthy era-like zealots are purely capable of anything.

Okay we have wandered into the political talk which is banned. No free speech here!
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by SkiFanE View Post
    I've lived my 50+ years with MJ being against the law. It has never been an issue for me, professionally or legally. I've never had to surrender my fingerprints to anyone. It can stay illegal, fine with me. But as the current administration takes away the rights of my gender and many others in this nation, as well as dismantling regulations that kept our air, water and earth safe - suddenly progress I've seen made during those 50 years go "poof". Don't expect anything done by states to remain legal - there is no longer forward progress as a society - eventually the backward ass ignorants of this country will be sure you stay inside wth your joint or they'll cart you off to a jail cell. No way I'd invest a penny in the industry or even step foot in a "legal" shop. When Sessions decides all pot smokers are drug addicts and treated as such - they'll go back to whatever proof (or computer data) the "legal" states have and get you. Mark my words...this administration is that evil.

Keep your shit outside where no one can smell or inside. You just never know.....

Sure - I have a foil hat - but what I've seen the last year makes me realize that the McCarthy era-like zealots are purely capable of anything.
    I kinda like how the legal guys still cant use banks due to the federal illegality of it. Which means I buy it cash, no tracing there.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

Do they smoke pot in the Handmaid's Tale?

Seriously. Alpinezone is one of the few places left on this planet where people can have a conversation without political screeds being thrown into the mix. Or at least it used to be.
    Last edited by VTKilarney; Jul 10, 2018 at 1:47 PM.

But as the current administration takes away the rights of my gender
    For the benefit of everyone's amusement, could you please list all the "rights" you've lost in the last 18 months?

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    ROFL.

Yeah, my life seems pretty nice, I wasn't aware of the dystopian nightmare I'm living in! I better dust off my crossbow when I get home given SkiFanE just informed us that the Hunger Games have already started.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Yeah, my life seems pretty nice, I wasn't aware of the dystopian nightmare I'm living in!
    Yeah mineís nice too. Not coincidentally, Iím white making well above the US median income. You?

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    My standard reply, whether I'm riding as a single or if I have folks with me and whoever I'm skiing with that BB ride when I see someone who's on the chair with me go to light anything up is "Do you mind waiting the 6 minutes to the top? I have asthma (I actually don't) and smoke in small spaces around me often sets it off. Thanks". Never had any flack using that approach

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    I'll have to try that next season. But in all fairness, you are a 6 foot (?) male? (vs a 5'4" middle aged female) Don't think you would get much flack.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post

Seriously. Alpinezone is one of the few places left on this planet where people can have a conversation without political screeds being thrown into the mix. Or at least it used to be.
    Great point. I was fortunate to have confused Facebook so it would mix left and right wing echo chambers on my newsfeed. The news media totally underestimates the differences between the two. On Facebook itís literally 2 different worlds, with different facts, different focuses. Even the representatives of opposing organizations donít match up in different echo chambers.

Quote Originally Posted by MommaBear View Post
    I'll have to try that next season. But in all fairness, you are a 6 foot (?) male? (vs a 5'4" middle aged female) Don't think you would get much flack.
    My wife, who also fits that 5'4" middle aged demographic to a T , but who actually has asthma, has used that approach a few times with 100% success as well.

Pretty sure that the vast majority of the population does associate the word "asthma" with breathing problems, and actually does comprehend that smoke, of any kind, in a small space, and asthma don't mix well!!

Much better than sounding all "parental" with a "do you mind?" Or "are you really going to smoke now?" which oftens begs for a non compliant reaction from many!! Gotta thank the great writings of adloescent psychologist, Dan Seigal, Ph.D, for that basic, but often very effective concept of using a third diversion with facts over a straight confrontation approach with my formulation on this!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Thread Information