Year Round Indoor Ski Park Coming to Jersey Next Year? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Killingtime View Post
    Haha! I just want to know if it will be littered with empty beer cans like Mountain Creek.
    They could put garbage cans along the liftline.

I cant believe there were never Federal indictments handed out because of this corrupt, tax-payer sucking, monstrosity.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Vail will end up buying it!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    It does look slightly better now as they've redone some of the exterior with less colors.
    Yes its def better than a couple years ago and work is being done daily

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by ski&soccermom View Post
    Their numbers are pretty optimistic too. 33,000 parking spaces times 365 days/year = 12,045,000 cars if every spot is taken daily. If 3-4 people are in each car they will just about make their projection of 40 million visits/year. So they expect to be at full capacity every day?!?
    http://www.americandream.com/location/
    Its a giant mall, with an indoor water park and theme park next to the 82,500 seat met-life stadium. http://www.americandream.com/entertainment/
    They also have a train station, so hopefully people will take public transit.

Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    Its a giant mall, with an indoor water park and theme park next to the 82,500 seat met-life stadium. http://www.americandream.com/entertainment/
    They also have a train station, so hopefully people will take public transit.
    Great. A mall that is within 15 minutes of how many other malls? The entertainment is the only thing that really separates them...but I don't see them hitting their projected numbers at all even with a waterpark and ski slope.

What does the stadium have to do with American Dream hitting their projected visits/year numbers? I don't see that many people going to the stadium and potentially adding in a stop at the waterpark or ski slope as part of their tailgating activities. Don't forget that many football games are on Sundays when all the retail options at the mall would need to be closed anyway due to Bergen county's blue laws. So entertainment (and food) would be the only thing open in that mall on a Sunday.

The train station may not be that popular of an option for the mall either. Right now it is only run for events at the stadium and it comes directly from nowhere so it is difficult to predict how popular it would be even if it had a regular schedule. It isn't on any actual major train line. It is a branch line from the Secaucus Junction so most people would have to transfer from somewhere else (Secaucus Junction itself has limited parking since it was originally intended to be mainly just a transfer point between different NJ Transit train lines).

I would predict that those 33K parking spots at American Dream will almost NEVER be completely filled. And they will not make up that difference from people using public transit so I agree with the person that said their numbers are optimistic (and in my mind completely unrealistic in actuality).

To put this projected 40M visits/year number in perspective...

Disney World (17M), Disney Land (14.7M), and Universal Studios Florida (6.2M) combined only have ~38M visits a year.

The largest mall in NJ (Garden State Plaza) has around 20M visits a year.

So they think that this new mall/entertainment venue will somehow pull in more visitors a year than the current most popular mall in NJ and Disney World combined?

Malls are dying. At least in NH they are. Everywhere they seem to be building the clusters of stores (kind of fancy plazas)
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    To put this projected 40M visits/year number in perspective...

Disney World (17M), Disney Land (14.7M), and Universal Studios Florida (6.2M) combined only have ~38M visits a year.

The largest mall in NJ (Garden State Plaza) has around 20M visits a year.

So they think that this new mall/entertainment venue will somehow pull in more visitors a year than the current most popular mall in NJ and Disney World combined?
    This will be a little different than other malls in a sense that 55% will be dedicated to entertainment and food. As far as the number of visits, their other malls pull in 30 to 40 million visits a year. As far as parking, you can't just look at the total number of spaces available. A single parking space at a mall may be used by multiple visitors. Most people do not hang at the mall from opening to closing.

Also! 12 stories is only 120 feet, a LOT of chairlift time.
    NEVER SUMMER!

Thread Information