Year Round Indoor Ski Park Coming to Jersey Next Year?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Year Round Indoor Ski Park Coming to Jersey Next Year?

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2018/...-on-march-1st/

The first indoor ski and snowboard park in the Western Hemisphere is set to open on March 1, 2019. The complex known as Big SNOW America at American Dream New Jersey has been under construction for more than a decade. Standing 12-stories tall and spanning more than 180,000 square-feet, Big SNOW America will offer year-round skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing, alongside indoor snow play and event space.
    “Because our center will stay at a consistent temperature and we have the ability to control the humidity of the air, snow quality within the center will be very good,” Hugh Reynolds, VP of marketing and sales for SNOW Operating, told New Jersey Family.

i assume this is the monstrosity next to giants stadium. its been sitting there for a few years now. i will check it out for the novelty during the offseason at least once.

Just search for Xanadu, this is nothing new.

I've been driving by this nightmare for over 10 years.

Fun fact...the ski complex part of this was damaged back in 2011 by SNOW!

That place is such an eyesore! Looks like a kid's lego project gone wrong!

Their numbers are pretty optimistic too. 33,000 parking spaces times 365 days/year = 12,045,000 cars if every spot is taken daily. If 3-4 people are in each car they will just about make their projection of 40 million visits/year. So they expect to be at full capacity every day?!?
    http://www.americandream.com/location/

Quote Originally Posted by ski&soccermom View Post
    That place is such an eyesore! Looks like a kid's lego project gone wrong!
    It does look slightly better now as they've redone some of the exterior with less colors.

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    Just search for Xanadu, this is nothing new.
    Did Xanadu ever announce an opening date? It is all just words right now, but potentially words that have not been announced before in terms of this place?

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Did Xanadu ever announce an opening date? It is all just words right now, but potentially words that have not been announced before in terms of this place?
    Exact date? No. "Expected completion dates"? Sure...quite a few of them over the years: 2006, 2008, 2010, 2013, early 2014, fall 2016, second half 2017, and now March 2019.

So I'll put this in the category of "I'll believe it when it actually happens."

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I've been driving by this nightmare for over 10 years.

Fun fact...the ski complex part of this was damaged back in 2011 by SNOW!
    Haha! I just want to know if it will be littered with empty beer cans like Mountain Creek.

Thread Information