• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What ski area is this , PA

Flying over PA last week, what area is this

Attachments

• IMG_20180708_111203.jpg
    IMG_20180708_111203.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 231

danimals

It’s pretty much the best PA has. Well maybe the best all around. Elk has best snow, blue knob best terrain, but blue mountain has the vert, snowmaking, lifts and lodge. But it also has crazy philly crowds on weekends. Last blizzard there was a two hour line to buy lift tickets. No joke.

Weekdays are great. If anyone ever goes, check out switchback. It’s narrow, long, and twisty. Best trail there.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

asnowmobiler

It's my favorite ski hill in the area, I even go in the summer to hang out at the outside bar.
The lines can get long on the weekends, but they have a VIP line for season pass holders and you can work around the crowds on the hill if you know when and where to go.
I rented a ski locker for this coming season, first time and can't wait for the convenience of not having to lug them in every time or having to go back to the car to switch skis.

mbedle

It’s pretty much the best PA has. Well maybe the best all around. Elk has best snow, blue knob best terrain, but blue mountain has the vert, snowmaking, lifts and lodge. But it also has crazy philly crowds on weekends. Last blizzard there was a two hour line to buy lift tickets. No joke.

Weekdays are great. If anyone ever goes, check out switchback. It’s narrow, long, and twisty. Best trail there.

+1 on that. Midweek and you basically have the place to yourself.

danimals

I would take frost on a powder day though. Tons of gladed terrain.

danimals

A bit further north but how does Montage compare? Is there any gladed terrain?
I drive past it every year but have never been there.

Montage is great but their lifts suck. Their location actually hurts as they usually are further north than the big dumps the nore'easters deliver. They have really awesome gladed terrain on the top half of the hill but only on one area.

The lower half of the mountain is the "expert" terrain and it really is some of the best in PA.

The lift situation though is awful. Weekdays you need two lifts to get top to bottom. on weekends when their top to bottom lift is running its so incredible slow.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Was it clear last season? People pouch it on natural snow? Looks like it will be a pretty cool addition to Blue. Maybe a nice mogul pitch on the bottom half

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Was it clear last season? People pouch it on natural snow? Looks like it will be a pretty cool addition to Blue. Maybe a nice mogul pitch on the bottom half

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

IMG_E8686.jpg

Pic from Sept 11th 2016 almost 2 yrs ago ! . Looks a bit more clear this year than last though . Hopefully enough snow for exploration ...cough cough .

Earlier picture is not smoke but a reflection of a water bottle in a pocket.

Last edited:

danimals

Blue takes forever to open new trails. They had one completely cut while I was in middle school...didn’t open until I graduated college.