• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Central ME, NH skiing info?

air0rmc

Hello,

I'm looking for 2 or 3 resorts close to Bowdoin, to put together for a long weekend the end of presidents week.

Hope everyone is having a great summer.

Thanks,
Rich

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

sull1102

Looking on Google Maps real quick it looks like you have just under a two hour drive from Bowdoin to North Conway. Best bet would be to get a cheap hotel in North Conway sooner rather than later because it will be booked up for the vacation week. Then you can hit Cranmore and Attitash with ease and add on Wildcat and Black Mountain if you want some variety.

Other options just as good as maybe even closer would be Sugarloaf and Sunday River, both excellent choices depending on what skill level of the group is.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app

air0rmc

Looking on Google Maps real quick it looks like you have just under a two hour drive from Bowdoin to North Conway. Best bet would be to get a cheap hotel in North Conway sooner rather than later because it will be booked up for the vacation week. Then you can hit Cranmore and Attitash with ease and add on Wildcat and Black Mountain if you want some variety.

Other options just as good as maybe even closer would be Sugarloaf and Sunday River, both excellent choices depending on what skill level of the group is.

I may have to pick up my son at Bowdoin, so SR/SL sounds good. What's the drive time between the 3 locations?

Thanks

sull1102

I may have to pick up my son at Bowdoin, so SR/SL sounds good. What's the drive time between the 3 locations?

Thanks

Hit up yee good ol Google Maps and it'll tell you exactly how long it is to and from wherever it is in Bowdoin specifically you are leaving from. They're all in the right under or just over 2 hour mark for drive times.

Killingtime

Always had a great time at Sunday River. Presidents week gets busy everywhere. I would book the lodging now. If you wait you will be shut out or stuck paying top dollar for lower tier accommodations.

Abominable

If you have a half day to kill around Bowdoin, and it's a good snow year locally, try out the Camden Snow Bowl! Fun little place.

jimk

Sugarloaf and Sunday River would be a good loop from there. I'd think Sugarloaf would be a bit of a crowd beater for that week. Black Mtn of ME and Mt Abram would be serious crowd beaters and nearby too.