• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter 18/19

BenedictGomez

NOAA did its' annual flip-flop today.

Reversing on it's "much warmer than normal" winter prediction which was breathlessly carried by every media outlet, and now calling for something much colder.

I think the last time NOAA didnt call for a "much warmer than normal" winter prediction Columbus was still sailing.

NOAA flip flop.jpg

MommaBear

I see a forecast with a storm predicted with 12"+ for Mount Snow today/tomorrow....and not a peep on here. Is anyone home? Or do y'all just not like Mt Snow? :dontknow: I kind of count on you guys for confirmation/verification...lol!

Glenn

Mt. Snow claiming 15" of snow...and no power at the mountain. Stratton says they received 14" of snow.

Not bad totals for November!

mriceyman

Killy had no power at open either

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

MommaBear

Mt. Snow claiming 15" of snow...and no power at the mountain. Stratton says they received 14" of snow.

Not bad totals for November!

My son is up there (I stupidly came home for an appointment yesterday). Trees down at the condo, probably elsewhere as well looking at the outage report. Power is back up at the mountain.

Glenn

21" reported at Snow and Stratton. Both had a brief mention on Good Morning America today.

This is a great start to the season. But all this snow makes me slightly nervous. Mother Nature has a way of equalizing things.

BenedictGomez

Lookin' good after a brief warming-up.

47147215_959104790966825_8218928432138944512_n.png

slatham

There are indications for a break in the cold snowy pattern toward mid December for a week or so. Hard to pinpoint severity or duration but it will warm. Same was fotecasted for mid November and things turned out ok so we’ll see. But something to watch.

Kleetus

Let's hope so. Looks to be shorter in duration now as well.

To the point NWS is not even saying a chance of precip on Saturday and partly sunny. Slight chance for Friday night, but looks like this Canadian high moving in may save the day.

Glenn

Time to dust this thread off a bit. Looking pretty decent as of now for something early next week.

Glenn

This system tonight into tomorrow looks to be ok at best. However, something else seems to be brewing for Wednesday.

Glenn

Sunday storm appears to be OTS. At least we'll have some cold air in place for snow making.