• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter 18/19

sull1102

A little bit, we had a very dry spring and early summer before the rain settled in for a two week stint at the end of July, beginning of August. You can definitely feel the change in the air, the a/c came out of the window today but I should've done that a week ago.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

I've seen some very slight yellowing on some trees over the past two weeks in SoVT.

slatham

bdfreetuna

NOAA has backed off their biased assumption that Northeast would be "above average" this season and finally bends the knee to probability and reality. Now they are falling in line with everyone else who says cold and snowy.

BenedictGomez

I'd take this and run.

winter%2Boutlook%2Bsnow%2Bamount%2B1.png

winter%2Boutlook%2Btemperature%2B1.png

Pez

I didn’t realize Tyler Derden was a meteorologist

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

On Cue ...this one sucks on the temp side.

NOAA is straight-up global warming propaganda at this point, every year it's the same prediction, "warmer than normal" for much of USA.

What's different this year is this is the very first year I've seen meteorologists actually call NOAA out on it, with some even alleging it must be political agenda bias, because apparently it's not a very intellectually supportable view from a meteorological position.

This seems to confirm what I've seen, as the vast majority of predictions from "real" mets do not support NOAA's "warm winter" prediction. I follow numerous east coast mets on FB, and I do not believe I've seen a single one yet with a "warmer than average" view for the 2018-2019 winter, on the contrary, every one I've seen that has released their winter synopsis so far has either been "about normal" or "colder than normal".