Winter 18/19 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter 18/19

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    Are there every bad predictions like these though? I feel like I only see "extra snowy" and "below average" temps.

Not that I'm upset about seeing pretty meaningless, but stoke worthy maps though!
    Yeah I've seen bad years predicted.

Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 10

NOAA has backed off their biased assumption that Northeast would be "above average" this season and finally bends the knee to probability and reality. Now they are falling in line with everyone else who says cold and snowy.

https://www.weatherbell.com/

LOL Joe's wetting his pants over the latest Winter model on the Saturday summary IMG_0118.jpg
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!”

Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    https://www.weatherbell.com/

LOL Joe's wetting his pants over the latest Winter model on the Saturday summary IMG_0118.jpg
    Yeah the Euro coming into line with his thinking for this winter is a big deal.
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

I'd take this and run.

President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ystems-capable

On Cue ...this one sucks on the temp side. Hope Joes side kills it this year .
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!”

Ben Franklin

I didn’t realize Tyler Derden was a meteorologist

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by Pez View Post
    I didn’t realize Tyler Derden was a meteorologist

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    LOL ,He's not , the video link is from NOAA . But seems appropriate with ZH's "the sky's falling theme"

Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post

On Cue ...this one sucks on the temp side.
    NOAA is straight-up global warming propaganda at this point, every year it's the same prediction, "warmer than normal" for much of USA.

What's different this year is this is the very first year I've seen meteorologists actually call NOAA out on it, with some even alleging it must be political agenda bias, because apparently it's not a very intellectually supportable view from a meteorological position.

This seems to confirm what I've seen, as the vast majority of predictions from "real" mets do not support NOAA's "warm winter" prediction. I follow numerous east coast mets on FB, and I do not believe I've seen a single one yet with a "warmer than average" view for the 2018-2019 winter, on the contrary, every one I've seen that has released their winter synopsis so far has either been "about normal" or "colder than normal".
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Thread Information