Winter 18/19 - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winter 18/19

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...

NOAA did its' annual flip-flop today.

Reversing on it's "much warmer than normal" winter prediction which was breathlessly carried by every media outlet, and now calling for something much colder.

I think the last time NOAA didnt call for a "much warmer than normal" winter prediction Columbus was still sailing.

NOAA flip flop.jpg
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovtwq3MYfiI

11:00 Analog moving to 2014-15 December warm up ?

"Make Greenland Green again"

I see a forecast with a storm predicted with 12"+ for Mount Snow today/tomorrow....and not a peep on here. Is anyone home? Or do y'all just not like Mt Snow? I kind of count on you guys for confirmation/verification...lol!

Mt. Snow claiming 15" of snow...and no power at the mountain. Stratton says they received 14" of snow.

Not bad totals for November!
    SoVT

Killy had no power at open either

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Mt. Snow claiming 15" of snow...and no power at the mountain. Stratton says they received 14" of snow.

Not bad totals for November!
    My son is up there (I stupidly came home for an appointment yesterday). Trees down at the condo, probably elsewhere as well looking at the outage report. Power is back up at the mountain.

21" reported at Snow and Stratton. Both had a brief mention on Good Morning America today.

This is a great start to the season. But all this snow makes me slightly nervous. Mother Nature has a way of equalizing things.
    SoVT

Lookin' good after a brief warming-up.

President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

There are indications for a break in the cold snowy pattern toward mid December for a week or so. Hard to pinpoint severity or duration but it will warm. Same was fotecasted for mid November and things turned out ok so we’ll see. But something to watch.
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Thread Information