• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pico for Rent

tumbler

Just read that this season you will be able to rent Pico for $6,500 a day on Tuesdays' and Wednesday's for up to 250 people. Food and Beverage additional costs. Would love to line that up for a powder day!

VTKilarney

That’s actually a good deal if you have enough people.

Not a bad corporate outing.

cdskier

Plattekill is $3500 for the same number of people for comparison. As much as I love Platty, Pico is definitely a bigger mountain and I think the price seems reasonable for what you get.

sull1102

I'm just saying, I feel like there could be a market for this, especially looking at it as $52 for 125 people. That's not a crazy large group to get together and of conditions are good, with the high speed quad running the place will be a ghost town.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app

urungus

Wow that it much cheaper than I would have thought. Wonder which chairs they will have running.

benski

Wow that it much cheaper than I would have thought. Wonder which chairs they will have running.

I assume if its a private mountain, you can choose the schedule but maybe you can only run 1 or 2 lifts at a time.

cdskier

And that's jumped quick. It started about 5 years ago at only $2,000.

Yea, once they saw how popular it was. And that 3500 is the "early bird" rate if you book before October 31. After that it goes up to $4500.

sull1102

Does Pico get more than 250 skiers on the average Tuesday or Wednesday?
Speaking from experience, if conditions aren't really special or it is is early/late season, I would say even Mount Snow can struggle to hit 250 skiers on a Tuesday or Wednesday. This is if we aren't counting the Academy and other race programs. Once the season really gets going in late Jan - early March a tour bus will help get those numbers up.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Speaking from experience, if conditions aren't really special or it is is early/late season, I would say even Mount Snow can struggle to hit 250 skiers on a Tuesday or Wednesday. This is if we aren't counting the Academy and other race programs. Once the season really gets going in late Jan - early March a tour bus will help get those numbers up.

AlpineZone mobile app

Lol...that maybe true if you have the "if I don't see it they don't exist" mantra.

Zermatt

I'm guessing you just get the two express lifts, which would be fine. Good for them if they can make some extra money off of it.

Any guesses on how many skiers Pico has on a typical Saturday versus a holiday weekend or weekend powder day?

I feel like I skied there a bunch last winter when they had less than 50 skiers, maybe fewer.