what music do you like to ski to? - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Yeah, I'm guilty of giving bed information myself. Saying, "on your left" when I'm actually on YOUR right lol. But hey it's the thought that counts. I assumed all deaf/blind skiers wore that bib identifying them as such. Maybe that's not the case? Either way I think skiing with headphones is lame.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Life's to short for warm-up runs
    All skis are rock skis

Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Catskills View Post
    Scrapping of boards... Clanking of lifts... Music blasting at base lodge... Snow machinery... Snow making guns...
    Yeah... really quiet... hahaha...
    SNOWGUNS ARE A WONDERFUL ADDITION TO THE AMBIANCE OF THE MOUNTAIN. THEY REALLY ADD TO MY PEACEFUL QUIET ENJOYMENT AND THAT FRESH FLUFF IS SO GOOD TO SKI!

No seriously, I usually ski without music more because I wear headphones for work and don't feel like wearing them for fun too, plus I forget to bring them. When I do remember, I enjoy stock cinematic music like Two Steps From Hell. When I'm lapping blues off a high speed lift at my home mountain I'll put on a podcast - I spend way more time on the lift and it's a great timefiller there. On a day with good natural snow, I almost never have my earbuds in until it's all tracked out.

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk

Scrapping of boards... Clanking of lifts... Music blasting at base lodge... Snow machinery... Snow making guns...
    HA, nooooo FC ...I hear ya' about the resorts, but can be socially fun. Part of my part-timer involves snowmobiling(partially)/skinning/bootposting up, planting/replacing a few circuit boards here and there, and then catching a few descents on a few remote mountains...with others is the best.
    Last edited by bigbog; Sep 2, 2018 at 7:20 PM.
    SteveD

Quote Originally Posted by twinplanx View Post
    ut hey it's the thought that counts. I assumed all deaf/blind skiers wore that bib identifying them as such.
    Why should they?
    Just don't run into people and it's all good.. I don't wear a vest because I'm dyslexic.. that's ridiculous...

Audio cues are NOT to be trusted..
    I'd still rather hear the sounds around me and make a decision on what to do with them than not hear them at all.

I actually find the sound of snow guns running very soothing.

100% killing it...
    So good! Need a new album!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app
    2018-2019

TBD

I don't listen to music while skiing

Why should they?
    Just don't run into people and it's all good.. I don't wear a vest because I'm dyslexic.. that's ridiculous...
    Maybe you SHOULD wear a vest, so other skiers/snowboarders can communicate with you appropriately.

Life's to short for warm-up runs
    All skis are rock skis

I think if I skied out west I would listen to music sometimes, but in the east I need to hear what noise my skis are making so I can alter my style based on conditions

Quote Originally Posted by twinplanx View Post
    Maybe you SHOULD wear a vest, so other skiers/snowboarders can communicate with you appropriately.

MAYBE YOU should just stay the F out of my way and not ski aggressively...
    I can see what's around me... I know whats up.. In the last 40 years I've only hit ONE person and they deserved it for coming into my line... I got this covered..

Thread Information