• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

3 seasons pumpkino sleeping bag can be used in winter

MIKE19940608

I want to go skiing and do not want to use the blanket in the hotel.I have a pumpkino hot weather sleeping,can I use it?

1dog

I would check with the hotel first. Rules on this can vary.

if you're paying for a hotel room you can use anything you like - can't imagine anyone would hold you up for utilizing your own sleeping bag.

Beats bed bugs. . . or worse.

Domeskier

if you're paying for a hotel room you can use anything you like - can't imagine anyone would hold you up for utilizing your own sleeping bag.

Beats bed bugs. . . or worse.

You may be right, but does he really want to risk having the manager bust down his door in the middle of the night just because he feels funny about using the communal sheets. It's just a simple phone call.

Jully

You may be right, but does he really want to risk having the manager bust down his door in the middle of the night just because he feels funny about using the communal sheets. It's just a simple phone call.

+1

Better safe than sorry, always.

cdskier

Maybe I'm wrong, but I detect some sarcasm in Domeskier's responses...

Let's be honest, how is a hotel even going to know you are using your own sleeping bag?

Domeskier

Maybe I'm wrong, but I detect some sarcasm in Domeskier's responses...

I think it might depend on the bag. A three season pumpkin bag might not provide sufficient warmth if the power goes out. It would be wise for him to check with the applicable state authorities. Wouldn't want to the hotel to get it's overnight guest sleeping license pulled. I think some hotels have a waiver/release of claims he can sign.

cdskier

I think it might depend on the bag. A three season pumpkin bag might not provide sufficient warmth if the power goes out. It would be wise for him to check with the applicable state authorities. Wouldn't want to the hotel to get it's overnight guest sleeping license pulled. I think some hotels have a waiver/release of claims he can sign.

cool-sheldon-sarcasm-meme.jpg

1dog

Use my 0 degree Northface winter bag in case heat goes out. Has baffle and deep hood if windows break and its windy in the room. Last time I slept on North Lynx after a 1 foot of powder when we woke up it was 5 below - bag was fine but i couldn't get into my ski boot it was so frozen, and lets face it, that's the real problem with hotels and cold weather - how does one get into a cold freakin' ski boot when it's 5 below in the hotel room?

2nd world problems are mostly solved here - but not this one.

IceEidolon

I regularly use my three season bag (plus a fluffton of blankets) and skip the hotel room. Subaru Roadside Motel, best rates in town.

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk

skiur

I regularly use my three season bag (plus a fluffton of blankets) and skip the hotel room. Subaru Roadside Motel, best rates in town.

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk

I've been to that hotel, only real complaint is they need to turn up the heat in the bathroom.

1dog

I've been to that hotel, only real complaint is they need to turn up the heat in the bathroom.

when it's 5 below - or heck even below 15 - one word: Depends

Comes in handy on couliors and tight steep trees too.

Dickc

Use my 0 degree Northface winter bag in case heat goes out. Has baffle and deep hood if windows break and its windy in the room. Last time I slept on North Lynx after a 1 foot of powder when we woke up it was 5 below - bag was fine but i couldn't get into my ski boot it was so frozen, and lets face it, that's the real problem with hotels and cold weather - how does one get into a cold freakin' ski boot when it's 5 below in the hotel room?

2nd world problems are mostly solved here - but not this one.

Sleep with the boots IN THE BAG with you!

1dog

Sleep with the boots IN THE BAG with you!

would always done that with my older winter bag - this mummy bag too small at base for ski boots.

Had my fleece winter camping socks on that's it.

Should have left them under my dog - his body melted snow rigth down to leaves thru tent floor ( Samoyed)

My Thermo-rest kept me insulated from snow.

makimono

Take your morning pee in 2 empty poland springs bottles and stuff them down into your boots...free boot warmers! Old ski bum trick :idea: