3 seasons pumpkino sleeping bag can be used in winter - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This sounds like quite a quandary.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Use my 0 degree Northface winter bag in case heat goes out. Has baffle and deep hood if windows break and its windy in the room. Last time I slept on North Lynx after a 1 foot of powder when we woke up it was 5 below - bag was fine but i couldn't get into my ski boot it was so frozen, and lets face it, that's the real problem with hotels and cold weather - how does one get into a cold freakin' ski boot when it's 5 below in the hotel room?

2nd world problems are mostly solved here - but not this one.

I regularly use my three season bag (plus a fluffton of blankets) and skip the hotel room. Subaru Roadside Motel, best rates in town.

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IceEidolon View Post
    I regularly use my three season bag (plus a fluffton of blankets) and skip the hotel room. Subaru Roadside Motel, best rates in town.

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk
    I've been to that hotel, only real complaint is they need to turn up the heat in the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    I've been to that hotel, only real complaint is they need to turn up the heat in the bathroom.
    when it's 5 below - or heck even below 15 - one word: Depends

Comes in handy on couliors and tight steep trees too.

Quote Originally Posted by 1dog View Post
    Use my 0 degree Northface winter bag in case heat goes out. Has baffle and deep hood if windows break and its windy in the room. Last time I slept on North Lynx after a 1 foot of powder when we woke up it was 5 below - bag was fine but i couldn't get into my ski boot it was so frozen, and lets face it, that's the real problem with hotels and cold weather - how does one get into a cold freakin' ski boot when it's 5 below in the hotel room?

2nd world problems are mostly solved here - but not this one.
    Sleep with the boots IN THE BAG with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dickc View Post
    Sleep with the boots IN THE BAG with you!
    would always done that with my older winter bag - this mummy bag too small at base for ski boots.

Had my fleece winter camping socks on that's it.

Should have left them under my dog - his body melted snow rigth down to leaves thru tent floor ( Samoyed)

My Thermo-rest kept me insulated from snow.

Take your morning pee in 2 empty poland springs bottles and stuff them down into your boots...free boot warmers! Old ski bum trick

he went so far off axis he was in fact on axis...the progression had become regression

Thread Information