• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the cheap - 2018-19

fahz

Killington's NOR'BEASTER Spring Season Pass

Get your NOR'BEASTER Spring Season Pass for unlimited access to the mountain March 15, 2019 through the very last day of the season, which with any luck could be into June. Plus, your Spring Pass is also valid at Pico Mountain until it closes for the season.
https://www.killington.com/plan-your-trip/tickets-passes/norbeaster-spring-pass
Purchase through March 8, 2019: $219
Purchase on or after March 9, 2019: $229
The Spring Pass will be available for purchase beginning February 21, 2019.

Zand

:-o

Those used to sell out in hours. If I didn't still have 2 days on my VT 4 pass I'd be all over this. If this happens again next year sign me up.

I mean shit... lets say you only get to the big hitters on the pass. Burke, Cannon, Smuggs, Whiteface, Magic, Bretton Woods, Gore, MRG. TEN BUCKS A DAY for some of the best ski resorts in the east. This is a STEAL.

Last edited:

Razor

Those used to sell out in hours. If I didn't still have 2 days on my VT 4 pass I'd be all over this. If this happens again next year sign me up.

I mean shit... lets say you only get to the big hitters on the pass. Burke, Cannon, Smuggs, Whiteface, Magic, Bretton Woods, Gore, MRG. TEN BUCKS A DAY for some of the best ski resorts in the east. This is a STEAL.

What was the original price, and when do they usually go on sale?

Zand

What was the original price, and when do they usually go on sale?

I think they go for $140 or maybe more now...not sure. Still a good deal. Last time I bought one they went on sale the first week of October and usually sold out that day.

BenedictGomez

I think they go for $140 or maybe more now...not sure.

$150.

I used to buy it when it included Jay Peak as well. But now, for $150 I can do better with various other deals so I haven't bought it in a few years. Given last year & this year are the first two years they havent sold out, I imagine many others believe the same.

Zand

$150.

I used to buy it when it included Jay Peak as well. But now, for $150 I can do better with various other deals so I haven't bought it in a few years. Given last year & this year are the first two years they havent sold out, I imagine many others believe the same.

I stopped buying it for the same reason. But Jay tix can be cheap on liftopia (plus they're $45 with my Wachusett pass anyway) so I can see doing this next year. I bought the 4 pass mainly for Stowe, and I can certainly love without that (and spend $120 less) to get days at Cannon, Whiteface, Gore, etc instead.

urungus

They were very briefly $150 when they went on sale on or around Oct 15 (refer to page 2 of “Skiing on the Cheap Aggregate Sticky Thread”) before rising to $175. I’m in for one at the new price of $80 - thanks fahz !

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

im struggling here. i dont need it at all. but i want it. and $80 is nothing.

Zand

im struggling here. i dont need it at all. but i want it. and $80 is nothing.

I was actually thinking to myself if Jay were on this pass, it would pretty much cover every resort that isn't on Ikon, Epic, or Peaks. If they were to somehow make it into an Ikon type pass with multiple days at each resort I'd jump on that in a heartbeat. Drooling at the thought of having 7 days each at MRG, Magic, Smuggs, Jay, Burke, Cannon plus a northern NY trip and smaller places too. How sick would that be?

KustyTheKlown

yea its a pretty dang solid group of indies/stateys

i am going to silverton co in 3 weeks for 3 ski days, and purchased their spring pass for $150 (plus an additional $40 for a single heli-drop).

that pass came with 3 freebies at smuggs and mad river (weekdays only at mrg). along with a ton of other indies across the country. awesome deal.

for $190 total i'll have 3 days at silverton, one heli drop, 3 days at smuggs, and one day at mrg. 7 days of skiing and a heli run for $190. so awesome.

hard for me to get to mrg on a weekday but i was able to ski an epic powder friday, in NOVEMBER. will get back to MRG once more on my skivt 4 pack.

ThinkSnow

I have one remaining 2019 Mad Card lift ticket available for sale for $60. Totally transferable & no blackouts. Please send a PM if interested.

Mad Card, Originally $169:

• 3 transferable day tickets good any time during the 2018-19 ski season
  • $5 off any additional full day lift ticket purchased throughout the season (Limit: 1 per Mad Card/Day)
  • Buy a Midweek Private Adult Clinic and Bring a Friend Free (not available during holiday periods)

fahz

St Patrick’s Day Deals

Some deals may be online only. Mt Snow may be sold out already at that price. Anyone know if Burke does the
leprechaun annually? Maybe all the Peak resorts are on board I'm not sure?

$17 Mt Snow for this Friday 3/15
$17 Hunter for this Friday 3/15 $17 Waterville on Friday 3/15
$17 Attitash Fri 3/15 and Mon 3/18
$17 Cranmore Sunday 3/17
$17 Jiminy Monday 3/18
Burke Saturday 3/16 and Sunday 3/17 are FREE at if you dress as a leprechaun.

BenedictGomez

This has been my worst ski season in years in terms of days skied. It is, however, my own fault for knocking-up my ski partner, and as such, I'm never going to get to Vermont enough to use my remaining inventory.

Selling remaining lift ticket vouchers at my total cost (+$2.25 per order for USPS First Class shipping with electronic tracking). Payment via PayPal. PM me if you're interested in any of them.

Mad River Glen (2 left) at $34 each

Smuggler's Notch (3 left) at $34 each

Jay Peak Resort (4 left) at $54 each

These can be used 7 days per week.