• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the cheap - 2018-19

Smellytele

Yeah I didn’t get any email about this either, despite being on the ski Vermont mailing list. Maybe the message was only sent to people who bought 3 or 5 packs in previous years ? There is still no mention on the Ski Vermont “Deals” page https://skivermont.com/deals

They said in the email that there would be no mention of it until the time of the deal

NHDad

Looking for any deals on Park City and Deer Valley for 2 days each. Nothing on Liftopia yet. End of January.
Went out there last year and Park City wasn't on Liftopia. Best bet was to purchase directly through them early if you know your dates.

urungus

Got 2, thought that was the limit? Anyway big thanks to bdfreetuna for saving us $$$, I owe you a couple beers :beer:

Each pass must be used at four different resorts, but if you get two passes you could go to a particular resort twice, correct ?

bdfreetuna

Got 2, thought that was the limit? Anyway big thanks to bdfreetuna for saving us $$$, I owe you a couple beers :beer:

Each pass must be used at four different resorts, but if you get two passes you could go to a particular resort twice, correct ?

One was for my wife, two for me ;) .. and you are correct on the logistics

And yeah everything about the way they do this is weird. But, I'll take it.

WJenness

I didnt realize that. I'm surprised as you'd think they'd want to accommodate as many people as possible.

It is pretty similar to how it has been in the past this way.

In the past, you could buy a 5 pack and a 3 pack for each person, so 8 total days for each person.

Now you can do two four packs instead. So it's still 8 total days.

But you only have to spread the days across 4 areas, instead of five.

And it gives them one less product to manage inventory of.

BenedictGomez

It is pretty similar to how it has been in the past this way.

In the past, you could buy a 5 pack and a 3 pack for each person, so 8 total days for each person.

Good point, I'd forgotten you were allowed to buy 1 of each if you chose.

bdfreetuna

Better jump on your Sugarbush 4-packs goes up to $269 after October 9th.

$67.25 / ticket. Pretty sure you can do better on Liftopia..

jaytrem

This one is kinda tough to get to but reminds me of the old Crested Butte free early season skiing. Great exchange rate helps too...

https://www.bigwhite.com/plan-your-trip/hot-deals-packages/ski-free-us

Starting $135 USD for a room and 2 lift tickets until Dec 19th. Big White is really nice, went 3 years in a row, one day each year. Never got a good view of the place, was snowing every time. Friends are going back in Jan, but I'm probably going to pass. They did manage to get 25,000 mile RT tickets to Kelowna, so was kinda tempting. Can't recommend interior BC enough, loads of snow and small crowds.

bdfreetuna

Just out of curiosity, where do you stay when you "go anywhere in VT" and do you also only stay at places that are "on the cheap"?

90% day trips, otherwise there's Hollow Inn in Barre @ $69/night for clean comfortable rooms, and a couple lodges up by Jay that aren't too pricey.