• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the cheap - 2018-19

dlague

If anyone plans on being in Colorado the Gems card is a good deal. We compliment our Epic Pass with 4 of these cards. It is $25 and you get two 2fers or two 30% a single lift ticket at 9 ski areas so 18 2fers. We generally hit Loveland and Ski Cooper and use them at A Basin for friends and family. Last year we hit Sunlight, Monarch and Eldora as well.

https://www.coloradoski.com/store/gems-card-2018-2019

BTW the Fox 44 card is a decent deal. We bought it in the past and generally managed to hit 5-6 ski areas. But we also lived in central NH. We were able to day trip them all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app

bdfreetuna

^ you're right. Someone might want to take this over, I'm not coming back to update it.

Guidelines:
Redundancy - If there are multiple ways to save at a given resort, I'll aim to list them all unless disqualified by guidelines below.
Combo Card Responsibility - Value & Combo Card offers change yearly and sometimes update on floating basis. You may be looking at last year's information, so verify before you buy.
Season & Combo Passes - Season passes, MAX/IKON/etc passes, and other deals which require a high initial buy-in and extensive commitment will not be listed. Benefits given as add-ons to a Season Pass purchase will not be listed. However if a mountain offers a deep ticket discount to *other* pass holders that may be listed as it would cover more people.
Small Deals - Some combo/value cards will have numerous "small deals" (ie, $10 off or 15% off). I will avoid listing these individually.
Bad Deals - A "bad deal" is sometimes better than no deal at all. I am mostly thinking about certain multi-ticket packs offered by some destination resorts. In most cases I will post these anyway, you decide.
Contributions - Keep it positive, keep it productive. It's the nature of this forum that one person has to create and maintain a thread like this. But we had many requests for this, so please contribute and make this a group effort. It will never be a perfect list, and anyone is welcome to create a better one, especially if unable to contribute in a reasonable way here.

Reply with your additions!

Region-wide Deals
Ski Vermont 4-passes $179 (sold out)
Ski New Hampshire various deals here, will update if possible
Mountain Sports Club here ... many BOGO and discounts around the country
The Ride and Ski Card here ... up to 50% off Jay, Pico, Killington, Burke. Up to 40% off Sugarbush. Many other discounts focused on the north east.
Vermont Travel Club Card here ... participating resorts include Okemo, Stowe, Sugarbush, Jay Peak, Bolton Valley, Smuggler's Notch, Killington, Pico, Mount Snow, Burke, Attitash, Wildcat, Sunday River, and Whiteface
Fox44 / My Champlain Valley Card here ... $175 includes 1 ticket to:
Mad River Glen, Smuggler's Notch, Whiteface, Burke, Cannon, Titus, Bretton Woods, Oak Mountain, West Mountain, Suicide Six, Gore, Northeast Slopes, Magic, Middlebury Snow Bowl, Owl's Head
CBS Hartford Ski Cards here ... $50 card, 3 tickets, with 2 options: Magic, Berkshire East & Southington or Catamount, Sundown & Mohawk
Liftopia.com ... always worth checking!
Connecticut Ski Council / Awareness Days ... list of dates & deals here

Connecticut
Ski Sundown or Mount Southington freebie pass @ https://cttravelshow.com/
get there early in line before they run out.

Maine
Black Mountain
- $25 Fridays 9:00am-9:00pm (non-holiday) [$45 weekends]
Shawnee
- 2 for 1 midweek via Ride and Ski Card
Sunday River
- up to 50% off daily tickets via Mountain Sports Club
- Threedom Pass available $209 - $279 depending how early, includes 3 tickets plus daily savings

Massachusetts
Berkshire East
- $18 Thursday night skiing
- 2 for 1 midweek tickets via Mountain Sports Club
Bousquet
- $10 Thursday night 3-9PM
Butternut
- 3 pack $150, available until 12/20
Catamount
- $20 online tickets Monday-Thursday, non holiday. These advance tickets are good any M-Th throughout the season, buy in advance and use freely
Jiminy Peak

- value card here $62 for 2 tickets, one any time, one after March 1
Wachusett
- Passholders receive good discounts at Killington, Jay Peak and Burke

New Hampshire
Black Mountain
- Monday - Friday BOGO with Ride and Ski Card or Mountain Sports Club
Bretton Woods
-
2 for 1 Wednesdays (non holiday)
-
Beach Party, March 30th $35
-
Patriot's Day, April 14th $17.76 plus voucher for next season
Cannon
-
Tuesday & Thursday 2-for-$77 or 1-for$52 [*Not valid 12/26/17, 12/28/17, 2/20/18, 2/22/18]
Crotched
- 2 for 1 midweek via Ride and Ski Card (non holiday)
Gunstock
- $25 Flex Pass good for 1/2 price tickets all season via Ride and Ski Card
- Flex Pass discounts likely at ski shows
Ragged Mountain
- 2 for 1 Sunday-Friday via Ride and Ski Card (non holiday)
Waterville Valley
- 50% off weekday, 25% off weekends via Ride and Ski Card
- BOGO weekday and $20 off weekend via Mountain Sports Club
Whaleback
- 2 for 1 tickets any day of the season via Ride and Ski Card

New Jersey

New York
Gore
-
usually hands out 2 for 1's at Boston/Hartford ski shows
Plattekill
- 50% off Fridays via Ride and Card (non holiday)
- $25 Friday tickets January 5, 2018 (1[SUP]st[/SUP] 50 skiers/riders), February 2, 2018 (1[SUP]st[/SUP] 50 skiers/riders), March 2, 2018 (1[SUP]st[/SUP] 50 skiers/riders)
Swain
- 2 for 1 Monday-Friday via Ride and Ski Card or Mountain Sports Club (non holiday)
Windham
- 2 for 1 Sunday - Friday via Ride and Ski Card or Mountain Sports Club (non holiday)

Pennsylvania
Shawnee
- 2 for 1 midweek, $10 off weekends via Mountain Sports Club

Vermont
Bolton Valley
-
$39 tickets via Boston Ski Show handouts or Ride and Ski Card
-
four packs have been available in the past for $100 at the Boston Ski show, no guarantees
Burke
-
Wicked Wednesday 3-for-1 tickets (party of 3 must be present, non holiday)
-
Tuesday & Thursday $35 tickets age 55+ (non holiday)
- $45 ticket price for pass holders at other mountains
- 50% off Sunday-Friday via Ride and Ski Card
- BOGO Sunday-Friday via Mountain Sports Club
Jay Peak
- 50% off Sunday - Friday via Ride and Ski Card (non holiday)
- BOGO tickets Sunday - Friday via Mountain Sports Club
Killington

-
50% off weekday or 25% off weekends and holidays via Ride and Ski Card
- early season 2-for-1's available via mailing list
Mad River Glen
-
Mad Card available until Dec 15, $169 for any 3 days
Magic Mountain
-
Throwback Thursday $29 tickets *unless powder day
- Freedom 4-pack $189
Mount Snow
- advanced lift tickets starting from Sat Nov 10. Cost is 35.99 Sat / Sun and 31.99 on Monday Nov 12
- Founders Day, December 14, 2018. $12 advance tickets or $49 at the window.
- Shamrock Fest, March 15, 2019. $17 advance tickets or $49 window rate.
Pico
-
50% off weekday or 25% off weekends and holidays via Ride and Ski Card
Smuggler's Notch
- 2 for 1 weekday tickets via Mountain Sports Club
Sugarbush
-
$249 quad packs (until Oct 9)
-
40% off midweek via Ride and Ski Card
- $30 Thursdays at Mount Ellen

chuckstah

What do they "usually" have open early season?
I have not been for the last couple seasons, but when I had a pass usually North peak was open by Thanksgiving, except upper flume, along with several TTB routes from the gondola.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Jully

What do they "usually" have open early season?

I went the weekend before thanksgiving last year and they had flying fox ttb and lower walking boss open on north peak. They can blow open a few of the gondola blues pretty quick, so I imagine a number of those are in play relatively early.

Smellytele

I went the weekend before thanksgiving last year and they had flying fox ttb and lower walking boss open on north peak. They can blow open a few of the gondola blues pretty quick, so I imagine a number of those are in play relatively early.

may grab 2 for the wife and I to use 2nd week of Dec

skiur

This is the discussion thread, there is a sticky for the deals.

p_levert

This is the discussion thread, there is a sticky for the deals.

I'm not sure what this thread is. This is just confusing. Just like past years, there should be a single skiing on the cheap thread, with a sticky. This is a very important thread.

Not sure why that happened. Most of the mountain deals are out by end of November. Would not take too much upkeep after that.

After swearing I was not going back to another Warren Miller film, the free tickets have me likely going back again. Last year I got some free ski straps so there's that too. How ironic will this years film be?
https://warrenmiller.com/

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm going to sticky this thread and suggest folks just add stuff as they feel it's appropriate. The same way it's been done for years.

Tuna has backed out of maintaining the "aggregate thread" as he's pointed out above.

Let's keep it simple and respect that some people have different concepts of what represents a good deal than others.

Edited to add:

I've cleaned up most of the clutter and closed the aggregate thread as it is not going to be maintained further by the author. Tuna did post all of the information from that thread in this one.

Let's try and stay on topic and keep the discussions to the relevant deals. Should some folks find certain posts are getting too off topic, please report the posts and they will be reviewed to see if the comments add value to the thread. If they only add clutter and no benefit, they posts will be removed.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited:

Equinox

I'm sorry if this has been posted before.

Today I got my season pass to Wachusett for less than the early bird rate.

Go here: https://www.wachusett.com/Tickets-Passes/Groups/GPS-Club.aspx

Click on the pass you need to add to your cart.

Proceed to checkout.

When it asks you for the group name, enter SKI MPG

Discount is good until 11/14/2018

This saved my season because I wasn't paying attention to cutoff dates and I thought I couldn't afford to ski locally. I hope it helps someone else.

puckoach

According to TV4 Wachusett has a blood drive coming up on site. Free lift ticket for donating.

Check their web site for full details. 11/12/18

nycskier

Win a free trip to Steamboat from GetSkiTickets.

Winner gets 4 night stay at Trappuer’s Crossing Resort, 4 days of skiing for 2 people at Steamboat Ski Resort, 2 sets of demo ski / board rentals provided by Christy Sports, including boots, poles and helmets, $1000 in airfare credit to Denver International Airport, 2 round trip transfers and a schwag bag! Contest run date 10/15/2018 at 12am to 11/18/2018 11:59pm.

Enter contest here:
https://woobox.com/vpbqwo/kuii8k

steve22

Also at Boston Ski Show Jay/Burke 3 packs for $189. And Ski & Stay deals. From their FB page.