• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the cheap - 2018-19

BenedictGomez

Doubt Stowe will be on it either this year but ya never know until you know.

And that's a shame because it's a big negative hit to value, and I doubt the price of the passes will drop.

Sans Stowe I'd drop down to a 3 pass from a 5 pass.

I do think, however, there is still hope that Vail wouldn't instantly want to alienate Ski Vermont in "penny-wise and pound foolish" fashion.

bdfreetuna

Only times I've been to Stowe in the last decade were on Ski Vermont passes. Oh well!

I wouldn't be surprised if they remain on the passes since every other VT ski area participates and it would make for an odd exclusion.

KustyTheKlown

without stowe i probably downgrade to a 3 pack, especially since i have 3 days each at smuggs and mrg via the silverton deal.

i'd use the 3 at jay, magic, and maybe okemo (just to get a day in with my buddy and his gf who bought epic passes)

jaytrem

I'd be a little surprised if Stowe wasn't included. Some Vail resorts continue to be included on their state's offerings (California Gold Pass, Utah Yeti Pass). I suspect as long as they're in the association Stowe and Okemo will be included. But they did drop out of Colorado Ski Country about 10 years ago, so you never know.

bdfreetuna

The Tahoe multi-passes I got a couple years ago (Liftopia and California Ski Association joint venture) included all the Vail resorts. A little pricier. Personally if I don't get to ski Stowe for the next 5 years and ski Jay, Smuggs, Bolton, MRG and Sugarbush instead... I'll have nothing to complain about.

Stowe is not even on my to-do list this year regardless of what deals I get.

p_levert

I would say that it's close to 100% that Stowe will be included. I follow Ski Vermont on Twitter and Ski Vermont continues to promote Stowe, most recently with their All Mountain Mamas thing.

jaytrem

The Tahoe multi-passes I got a couple years ago (Liftopia and California Ski Association joint venture) included all the Vail resorts.

Was that the Tahoe six pack or something different? Seems like the 6 pack wasn't available last year. Will be weighing my Tahoe options. Already got a flight home and a rental car booked, just need the flight out. Thanks.

bdfreetuna

Was that the Tahoe six pack or something different? Seems like the 6 pack wasn't available last year. Will be weighing my Tahoe options. Already got a flight home and a rental car booked, just need the flight out. Thanks.

Yes it was. Got 2 of those a couple years ago, OK price and good flexibility for Tahoe. Without that it would have been big bucks for tickets...

jaytrem

Yes it was. Got 2 of those a couple years ago, OK price and good flexibility for Tahoe. Without that it would have been big bucks for tickets...

Bummer, thanks. Was hoping it was something different. Never know, maybe they'll reissue it this year. My hope is that Ikon has the same deal as last year where it's good for the end of this year (at Alterra owned places) and all of next.

bdfreetuna

FWIW you can get 50% off Killington and Pico any weekday all season and 25% off weekends with Ride and Ski New England Card ($29 and comes with a lift ticket)

Unless you only ski Killington it's a lot better than a Killington express card

rtibbs4

Website
www.basecampmountsnow.com
Ski Vermont has a great deal for 5th graders if you need to pick up some tickets for the kiddos. The 5th grade passport gives you three tickets to every VT ski resort. Most have holiday blackout dates but a great deal at $10. Of course you have to have a 5th grader... or know someone who has one.

bdfreetuna

Was going off last year but I also got a card bundled with a lift ticket and did early sale. Am going to wait until the Boston Ski Show and get my card there, probably with choice of lift ticket, for whatever they're charging this year.