• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the cheap - 2018-19

jaytrem

I think they sold them somewhere online at a discount. Like living social or one of those type sites

bdfreetuna

When does the Champlain Valley Ski and Ride Card come out?

Don't know, but I will say I often look out for it early season and it seems to only be available after I have my season figured out and paid for, which for me is usually by the Boston Ski Show in early November. Wish this was not the case as it could be more popular.

Cornhead

Don't know, but I will say I often look out for it early season and it seems to only be available after I have my season figured out and paid for, which for me is usually by the Boston Ski Show in early November. Wish this was not the case as it could be more popular.
If you don't get one early, keep an eye out mid season, I believe they've been selling them half price the last couple seasons. I guess the demand dropped when they dropped Jay and upped the price. They were selling out quick just before they dropped Jay.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

When does the Champlain Valley Ski and Ride Card come out?

Usually around Thanksgiving'ish. But it's stunk for several years now as they've dropped some key mountains like Jay Peak & Gore. Used to be my #1 favorite SOTC deal, but I havent bought it in 3 or 4 years.

trackbiker

Any news on when the SkiVT 3 & 5 Passes are coming out. It's usually the first week of October and I remember getting emails about it but haven't seen anything yet.

urungus

Any news on when the SkiVT 3 & 5 Passes are coming out. It's usually the first week of October and I remember getting emails about it but haven't seen anything yet.

Haven’t heard anything yet, recommend signing up for email alerts at skivermont.com

bdfreetuna

Was worried it wasn't going to happen... but here's the deets ... no more 5 and 3, only 4 now. Limit 2 per customer. Basically same price per pass as before.

4 Pass: $179 (Limit two per passholder)

Sale Date & Time

October 3rd, 2018 at 12pm, EST.

Smellytele

Was worried it wasn't going to happen... but here's the deets ... no more 5 and 3, only 4 now. Limit 2 per customer. Basically same price per pass as before.

4 Pass: $179 (Limit two per passholder)

Sale Date & Time

October 3rd, 2018 at 12pm, EST.

Stowe is included. Wasn't sure they would be

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bdfreetuna

I think it's just a logical adjustment as the 5 passes were previously a better deal than the 3 passes, now the 4 passes are a standalone offer but still up to 8 per person. Fortunately the price remains at the 5 pass level or close.

Also I wouldn't consider selling out in a matter of hours rather than minutes a problematic decrease in sales. In fact it would be really easy for Ski Vermont to increase sales on these but I assume the ski resorts, on average, are opposed to that.

Last year if i recall there was also some confusion on the timing, some people were thinking midnight when it was actually 12:00pm (I think previously it had been midnight).

Pez

Where are you guys seeing this info? I can only find a page about last year's passes

p_levert

Did Stowe have ski council days in 17/18? Any indication that they will have this, or not, in 18/19?

skicub

I’m signed up for ski Vermont emails but didn’t get anything about this. Will the sale link be listed on the main site on 10/3, or do we need link from email? My first year buying them.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

urungus

I’m signed up for ski Vermont emails but didn’t get anything about this. Will the sale link be listed on the main site on 10/3, or do we need link from email? My first year buying them.

Thanks!

Yeah I didn’t get any email about this either, despite being on the ski Vermont mailing list. Maybe the message was only sent to people who bought 3 or 5 packs in previous years ? There is still no mention on the Ski Vermont “Deals” page https://skivermont.com/deals