Hey Vail, Please Don't Buy Smugglers Notch Resort (or, Houston, We Have A Stalker) - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Snowbird's tunnel/carpet cost almost $1M, and is VERY short. A Stowe/Smuggs tunnel would be MUCH longer.

I have no idea how much that significant extra length would translate into dollars, but I think it would be a lot, and those dollars would probably be more efficiently & wisely be placed into the "correct" Vermont politician's pockets.
    You could probably just put in a movable handle tow connecting Spruce to Sterling and pull it out every spring.

It’s Vail we are talking about. They could just have a helicopter connect the two resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    It’s Vail we are talking about. They could just have a helicopter connect the two resorts.
    That would scare the bears away...
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    You could probably just put in a movable handle tow connecting Spruce to Sterling and pull it out every spring.
    Something old-school like this might be the best idea. You could add a big magic carpet as well, which is temporary too.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by DoublePlanker View Post
    tunnel + magic carpet like the bird???
    That would be cool.

Maybe cats traversing the Notch Road could be a temporary solution?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Remember "cross country skiing" from Smuggs to Stowe (on alpine skis and fixed bindings) some 20 years ago. I guess that was Snuffy's Trail. Seems like a tricky spot to put any kind of lift due to Sterling Pond up there. Hopefully the logistics just prevent it from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    That would be cool.

Maybe cats traversing the Notch Road could be a temporary solution?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    I thought about that too. But I dunno, isn't there a risk of avalanche in there? So while individuals may go through there on their snowmobiles, it's something different if there is a regular service from a business entity.

I just don't see this Stowe/Smuggs thing happening. Skier visits in VT are flat, why does this megaresort even make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    So while individuals may go through there on their snowmobiles, it's something different if there is a regular service from a business entity.
    Snowmobile tour groups go through there and they are business entities...
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Snowmobile tour groups go through there and they are business entities...
    Maybe the snowmobile groups are flying under the radar.

But when a *big* company wants to do it, and there are people deeply opposed to this company, then all of sudden it's an avalanche hazard, and not allowed for anyone. Not my personal opinion, just saying.

Thread Information