• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mike Solimano

ALLSKIING

Staff member
"The KPAA was asked to share the information below on behave of Killington Resort President & GM, Mike Solimano. I'm sure I speak for all of us that pray for a speedy recovery.

To Killington Community:

This weekend, we received news that Killington Resort President & GM, Mike Solimano, was admitted to the hospital. In order to keep you all informed, we want to share updates we’ve received from Mike – now being taken care of by the professionals at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.

In typical Mike fashion, he wants to be transparent and let his extended family – Killington staff and community – know what’s happening and keep you updated. After seeking medical attention due to severe headaches, he underwent tests that determined he has a subarachnoid hemorrhage. We’re fortunate that it was not a stroke or aneurysm and caught early. He is being closely watched by the talented team at DHMC and in stable condition, improving every day.

While we don’t know how long he’ll be out, we’ll share updates as we get them. Mike has full confidence in the Killington team and has instructed us to continue business as usual - preparing for the Longest Season in the East.

If you’d like to send Mike well wishes, address letters or cards to:

Get well Mike

Killington Resort
4763 Killington Rd.
Killington, VT 05751

We’ll deliver them to him regularly. In an effort to make sure Mike follows doctors’ orders to rest, please refrain from emailing him directly.

Sincerely,

The Killington Executive Team,

Jeff Temple, Director of Mountain Operations
Judy Geiger, Director of Human Resources
Matt Kinsman, Director of Finance
Rich McCoy, Director of Summer Operations & Pico Mountain
Rob Megnin, Director of Marketing, Sales and Reservations
Scott Harrison, Director of Hospitality
Tracy Taylor, Business Development Manager"

Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app

speden

That's good that they caught it early so that he can have a quick recovery. I wonder if the stress of all the construction at Killington this summer might have brought it on. Hopefully he can shut off from work for a while and get well again.

Glenn

Tough news! Hope things go well for him and he's able to make a full recovery.

Killingtime

Prayers and hope he recovers fast. One of the hardest working guys I know. He seems to be everywhere. Not unusual to see him working lift lines or cleaning tables on the weekends. Always asks about the snow conditions from the customer perspective. Super proud of the team taking care of my home mountain.

drjeff

Thoughts for a speedy recovery to Mike S! The folks at DHMC are some great docs for sure and I can't wait to see Mike in some of the great early season marketing videos that K has put out the last few years as the season approaches!