• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Peak Resorts to buy Ski Liberty, Ski Roundtop, and Ski Whitetail in South Central PA

del.hess.1

Finally had a weekend with great conditions last weekend I wonder what the rain and 60 degree weather has done the last couple days

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jimmywilson69

I was at Roundtop today for lunch runs and there is a lot of snow still. some brown but it was in weird areas where I know its plenty deep.

soft snow everywhere though. Will be the complete opposite of this comping Saturday morning. at least it'll be cold enough to make snow.

del.hess.1

Headed to Roundtop tonight. Hopefully it will be snowing hard, I wonder how many other people have the same idea

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jimmywilson69

Its crazy to think that the announcement that Peaks bought the snow time resorts in Southcentral PA happened less than a year ago...

I feel much better about this latest announcement than I did last September that's for sure.

drjeff

Its crazy to think that the announcement that Peaks bought the snow time resorts in Southcentral PA happened less than a year ago...

I feel much better about this latest announcement than I did last September that's for sure.

It's not far fetched at all to think that the acquisition of the Snow time about a year ago, and the overall quantity of skiers visits in an area that I'm sure any ski area operator, especially one with a slew of destination resorts, certainly made Peak more attractive to Vail.

jimmywilson69

without a doubt as then "Peaks" and now "Vail" have now have an "in" to all of the mid-atlantic skiers. With the exception of Philly. No one from Philly drives to south central PA. I think most go to Blue Mountain. I'm sure some go to Poconos, so Jack Frost and Big Boulder which are farther.

danimals

without a doubt as then "Peaks" and now "Vail" have now have an "in" to all of the mid-atlantic skiers. With the exception of Philly. No one from Philly drives to south central PA. I think most go to Blue Mountain. I'm sure some go to Poconos, so Jack Frost and Big Boulder which are farther.

Just because vail bought peaks, doesn't meant they don't have their eye on blue. There were rumors about blue being purchased by someone this year. If vail was to acquire blue, they would have the tri-state area on lock. Blue also had been teasing condos, waterpark, and a hotel I believe for the past decade. If those were all approved, I could see vail interested.

Then again, camelback has all of those. I hope vail doesn't buy them though. Im already looking for options next season and I believe in competition not monopolization.

BenedictGomez

Nobody in my neck-of-the-woods cares about Jack Frost & Big Boulder, I dont see that acquisition as moving-the-needle much for Vail in this area, and if Vail thinks so, I believe they've erred in their analysis.

I agree Cambelback or Blue Mountain, however, either one of those would be a big helper for EPIC recruitment.