(h)Opening Day Thread 2018-2019 - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I'm pretty surprised no guns have been dragged out onto Superstar yet. There's a serious chance of snowmaking happening Friday night-Sunday morning.

2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    I'm pretty surprised no guns have been dragged out onto Superstar yet. There's a serious chance of snowmaking happening Friday night-Sunday morning.
    2 thoughts..... #1 they may just be looking at making snow up top in this initial window and as such haven't dragged the k2000's across from the feeder air and water lines yet lower down. #2 - doesn't take the crews at K in the big scheme of things very long to pull hoses and tripod guns and/or hook up the fixed towers or fan guns while firing up

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    2 thoughts..... #1 they may just be looking at making snow up top in this initial window and as such haven't dragged the k2000's across from the feeder air and water lines yet lower down. #2 - doesn't take the crews at K in the big scheme of things very long to pull hoses and tripod guns and/or hook up the fixed towers or fan guns while firing up
    #2a...they still have Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday as well to work on pulling out guns if they decide temps on SS look decent and they want to try to blow there.

Damn I check out for a couple days, come back and it's looking like within 48-72 hours Killy will be making snow! I love this time of year. One quick question though, with all the work still ongoing at K even if they could spin the NRT on Rime Reason say Monday Tuesday would they? Is the gondi ready to go with the new haul rope and cabins? Cause I'm ready to get out there FOR SURE.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

While it looks okay for Fri-Sun. Sunday night on looks like it may be "wettish"
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Damn I check out for a couple days, come back and it's looking like within 48-72 hours Killy will be making snow! I love this time of year. One quick question though, with all the work still ongoing at K even if they could spin the NRT on Rime Reason say Monday Tuesday would they? Is the gondi ready to go with the new haul rope and cabins? Cause I'm ready to get out there FOR SURE.

I'd assume that even with all the work on the hill they'd be ready to go. An opening date in the October 15-20 range isn't crazy early for them. It looks like the cold shot this weekend is just an appetizer to whatever comes early next week...so if they don't push hard this weekend it would make sense.

What's the plan to push for TTB with all the work over on Snowdon?? The Great Northern to Bunny Buster route is unattainable now with the new routing/tunnel on Great Northern. The new Great Northern goes right under the six pack which, with a lot of heavy construction still to go, I'm sure that won't be an openable trail. I'm hoping they blow on Highline or do Big Dipper and the runout out of the canyon.
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

[QUOTE=sull1102;1008572]Damn I check out for a couple days, come back and it's looking like within 48

Was up there this past weekend. The new Snowdon lift is still in pieces in the parking lot, towers, haul rope, bullwheel. K1 still running with the old cabins but I think they can swap those out rather quickly. New pass scanners seem to be in place. It looks like they still have a lot of work to do and the World Cup is right around the corner. I didn't get a sense of panic but I'm sure the project progress meetings there are very interesting.

[QUOTE=Killingtime;1008588]
    Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Damn I check out for a couple days, come back and it's looking like within 48

Was up there this past weekend. The new Snowdon lift is still in pieces in the parking lot, towers, haul rope, bullwheel. K1 still running with the old cabins but I think they can swap those out rather quickly. New pass scanners seem to be in place. It looks like they still have a lot of work to do and the World Cup is right around the corner. I didn't get a sense of panic but I'm sure the project progress meetings there are very interesting.
    Hearing this I would bet you if they open for a short burst on the NRT next week they would just run the old cabins and hold off on putting the new stuff up. Although the idea of opening down to Canyon Quad is also very possible. Even down here near Manchester VT we're talking about snow at elevation this weekend so it could be very very close, i.e. if they want to do it they have a good shot.

2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    What's the plan to push for TTB with all the work over on Snowdon??
    After last season my eyes are on Mount Snow for an early season push. Was nearly a miracle what they achieved last season. Killington wasn't even a good option for practically a whole month especially with the World Cup.

Anyone know when Mount Snow plans to open? I assume it will be like last year with top to bottom of 3 different faces. Great way to open.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    After last season my eyes are on Mount Snow for an early season push. Was nearly a miracle what they achieved last season. Killington wasn't even a good option for practically a whole month especially with the World Cup.

Anyone know when Mount Snow plans to open? I assume it will be like last year with top to bottom of 3 different faces. Great way to open.
    On Instagram they are phrasing it as "As early in November that Mother Nature will allow" so that is good news. If you are like me and desperate to get back out there then K will be the best option for the next two weeks or so and then expect to see Canyon, Cascade, Long John, and Freefall opening in the next 40 days or so.
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Thread Information