• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

(h)Opening Day Thread 2018-2019

skiur

Word on the street is K wont be opening on Friday since they have not yet sent out the RFID passes to the passholders. I have not received mine yet, no big deal as I would not be up this weekend anyway.....not sure of the truth to this yet but a large discussion on kzone about this.

Smellytele

Word on the street is K wont be opening on Friday since they have not yet sent out the RFID passes to the passholders. I have not received mine yet, no big deal as I would not be up this weekend anyway.....not sure of the truth to this yet but a large discussion on kzone about this.
What about opening just for the unwashed day ticket crowd and the hell with the passholders? :)
But seriously why not just hand out Day ticket RFID cards to the season pass holders?

Killingtime

I haven't received mine yet either. I'll be up this weekend. Doing some brewery tours but if the mountain was open I'd do a few laps.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Just speculation the people that work the phones rarely know what's going on...trust me. If they want to open they can figure it out easily enough.

Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

Killington:
Winter starts when The Beast says so and we say it starts Friday! Our heroic snowmaking team has been working hard in the North Ridge area, and we’re pleased to announce that the first turns in Eastern North America will be made by our Season Pass and Express Card holders on Friday, October 19.

The K-1 Express Gondola will begin loading at 10:00 a.m. with the last ride up available at 3:00 p.m. Skiers and riders will walk down the Peak Walkway to access open terrain in the North Ridge Area before heading back up the Peak Walkway to download the K-1 Express Gondola. The last run down Rime will be at 3:30 p.m.

The Snowshed Sales Center will be open for RFID ONE PASS pick up Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.; Friday 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.; Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; or Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. K-1 Guest Services will be open 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Friday-Sunday but due to limited processing stations we recommend ONE PASSES be picked up at Snowshed.

Season Pass and Express Card holders will be treated to a free lunch at either the K-1 Lodge, Peak Lodge or Dog Sled on Friday. Additionally, pass holders will be treated to a complimentary opening day gift while supplies last.

We will be open to the general public beginning Saturday, October 20. The K-1 Express Gondola will begin loading at 9:00 a.m. daily with the last ride up available at 3:00 p.m. Skiers and riders will walk down the Peak Walkway to access open terrain in the North Ridge Area before heading back up the Peak Walkway to download the K-1 Express Gondola. The last run down Rime will be at 3:30 p.m.
Additional Details:

• Lift ticket rates beginning Saturday will be $59 for adults (19-64); $45 for youth (7-18); and $50 for seniors (65-79). Ages 6 & under and 80 & over ski free. All lift tickets must be loaded onto a ONE PASS, our RFID card, which are available for $5 but may be reloaded for future visits.

Last edited:

sull1102

Killington:
Winter starts when The Beast says so and we say it starts Friday! Our heroic snowmaking team has been working hard in the North Ridge area, and we’re pleased to announce that the first turns in Eastern North America will be made by our Season Pass and Express Card holders on Friday, October 19.

The K-1 Express Gondola will begin loading at 10:00 a.m. with the last ride up available at 3:00 p.m. Skiers and riders will walk down the Peak Walkway to access open terrain in the North Ridge Area before heading back up the Peak Walkway to download the K-1 Express Gondola. The last run down Rime will be at 3:30 p.m.

The Snowshed Sales Center will be open for RFID ONE PASS pick up Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.; Friday 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.; Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; or Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. K-1 Guest Services will be open 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Friday-Sunday but due to limited processing stations we recommend ONE PASSES be picked up at Snowshed.

Season Pass and Express Card holders will be treated to a free lunch at either the K-1 Lodge, Peak Lodge or Dog Sled on Friday. Additionally, pass holders will be treated to a complimentary opening day gift while supplies last.

We will be open to the general public beginning Saturday, October 20. The K-1 Express Gondola will begin loading at 9:00 a.m. daily with the last ride up available at 3:00 p.m. Skiers and riders will walk down the Peak Walkway to access open terrain in the North Ridge Area before heading back up the Peak Walkway to download the K-1 Express Gondola. The last run down Rime will be at 3:30 p.m.
Additional Details:

• Lift ticket rates beginning Saturday will be $59 for adults (19-64); $45 for youth (7-18); and $50 for seniors (65-79). Ages 6 & under and 80 & over ski free. All lift tickets must be loaded onto a ONE PASS, our RFID card, which are available for $5 but may be reloaded for future visits.
Oh hell yeah! IT. IS. HAPPENING.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
Weak attempt in my book.
It's not really an "attempt" at Wildcat. Ever since the system upgrade, they've started making snow on Upper Lynx in late October. It's just stockpiling to make the process go faster when they do open. They still don't plan on opening until 11/10. Earlier than that would be a nice surprise, but I doubt it. Mid November is fine with me for Wildcat. It's making it through April that matters most.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

sull1102

Guns still on at Mount Snow TTB, amazing that they can get away with that in mid-October. Night guns on sure, but midday and still running DAMNNNNN

2Planker

Game ON at SR

Opening officially tomorrow, Prob a soft opening today thou....

WJenness

LOL. why is it 'weak'?

They have had snowmaking temps for what, less than 24 hours? And have already announced an opening.

SR and K will be the only places East of Colorado open this weekend.

Oh, AND IT'S OCTOBER 18th!

This will be the second earliest SR has EVER opened.