(h)Opening Day Thread 2018-2019 - Page 12

AlpineZone

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    While I'll never truly understand you WROD warriors, I greatly appreciate your enthusiasm.
    Killington always opens with wall to wall coverage on rime and reason, certainly not a ribbon. There will be a small park set up on reason as well.

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    WROD refers to a couple of trails with hundreds of People on them (Most being barely able to ski). WHITE RIBBON OF DEATH.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I love skiing and I love seeing the snow-making getting fired up, but I'll also wait until there's a bit more to ski. If I lived closer to these places maybe I'd be more inclined to rush out as soon as someone opened.
    This.

I did drive 3 hrs. to hunter on black friday a few years ago for like three trails. That's about my limit.

Can't really start my season without paying window rates until 11/9. So hopefully it's full-on winter by then!

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryIsaacs View Post
    I cant remember a year where we've had options for pre-Halloween skiing. Part of me worries about how this may turn out come January/February though
    Yes, cold October is not a good thing. December usually gets the warmth...fingers crossed though.

What usually happens is October snow is not good because then the rest of the season sucks.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryIsaacs View Post
    I cant remember a year where we've had options for pre-Halloween skiing. Part of me worries about how this may turn out come January/February though
    Been quite a few actually, though the last 3 have just been too warm. Usually K/SR option and occasionally the Cat has played in October as well. There may have been a few others over the years.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    What usually happens is October snow is not good because then the rest of the season sucks.
    Just NO October snow in the lowlands. Thats the kiss of death for a ski season IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    WROD refers to a couple of trails with hundreds of People on them (Most being barely able to ski). WHITE RIBBON OF DEATH.
    Where the trail has only a ribbon of snow on it, which, as I said, K will not be.

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    Where the trail has only a ribbon of snow on it, which, as I said, K will not be.
    Tomato..TAMAto...

Thread Information