Blue Mountain Vs. Camelback - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by trackbiker View Post
    Elk is better than both of them and not as crowded on the weekends.
    Sure. But those are WAY farther away then what he's asking about.

This is akin to someone asking Gore or Whiteface, and then somebody responds Jay Peak.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Blue is way better. And camelback has way worse intersections. I’ve seen camelback close due to it snowing before. I was a pass holder at camelback, and the nail in the coffin was when the closed due to incline to weather (sunny with no wind) despite website saying they were open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danimals View Post
    Blue is way better. And camelback has way worse intersections. I’ve seen camelback close due to it snowing before. I was a pass holder at camelback, and the nail in the coffin was when the closed due to incline to weather (sunny with no wind) despite website saying they were open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My biggest Beef with Blue is the lower part of the mountain was added for PR ONLY ! " Biggest vert in Pa. " by what a few feet !#$$%
    How stupid is it to dump all the trails into one spot 200yds uphill from the lift? Any weekend look at the web cam and you'll see people barely able to ski next to young kids who could care less at full speed .

Another really bad area is Lower main St , Sidewinder and Shuttle intersection . People cut over from lower with lots of speed only to be met by Sidewinder coming right down almost head on .

Camelback for all it's interconnects do not have the pitch ....speed,collision potential that blue has . Maybe slow speed collision ?

Elk has all it's trails empty near the lift with little mingling of abilities .

Rant over . Maybe there trials could have been laid out better ?

https://www.skibluemt.com/winter-spo...ing/trail-map/
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!”

Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Zoloft vs. Paxil?
    "Tastes Great" vs "Less Filling" ?

Quote Originally Posted by trackbiker View Post
    Elk is better than both of them and not as crowded on the weekends. (Except the lodge is too small and tends to be crowded)
    Yeah, but I can get to blue in 1hr 45, CB about the same - maybe 2hr. Elk is 3. For that drive I can be to Belleayre or Hunter.

I do like Elk, but the catskills mountains are much better.

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    Yeah, but I can get to blue in 1hr 45, CB about the same - maybe 2hr. Elk is 3. For that drive I can be to Belleayre or Hunter.

I do like Elk, but the catskills mountains are much better.
    Same. The trip to Elk for me is about 15 minutes farther than Plattekill, and Plattekill >>> Elk.

Camelback is 1 hour away for me, is my weekday go to. On weekdays it's empty.weekends or holiday periods, mad house. Many people here like bumps and ungroomed tree skiing, camelback is not that. If you like carving or high speed cruising, you can enjoy CB. I have heard many good things about Blue.Don't think it's a big difference.

Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine ski mountain discussion points- terrain steepness, natural snow amounts, tree skiing, moguls

CT/Mass/Catskills discussion points- snowmaking, terrain variety, daytrip-able-ness

Poconos ski discussions- how likely you are to get hit by someone, whether or not the mountain is open, how many drunks are on the hill
    2018-2019 0 days and holding...

"Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    How stupid is it to dump all the trails into one spot 200yds uphill from the lift? Any weekend look at the web cam and you'll see people barely able to ski next to young kids who could care less at full speed.
    I think it would help a ton if Finish Line/Ski School Carpet Run was open as part of Paradise, not closed off with a giant snow pile at the top. That way people only merge onto lower Razors/Home Stretch from one side and the beginners stay in one stream down to the corral. How often are those top carpets used, anyway?

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Poconos ski discussions- how likely you are to get hit by someone, whether or not the mountain is open, how many drunks are on the hill
    The next time someone asks me how come I live 1 hour or less to all the Pocono mountains, yet can go 2 or 3 years in a row without skiing a single day in the Poconos, I'm going to copy/paste the above post. I'd add, "is it currently an ice rink", but other than that it's perfect.

Thread Information