• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap Aggregate Sticky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Fox 44 card is out. BIG changes, $150 gets you....

Fox 44 is out > 1 month ahead of normal.

They got Gore back, and added Magic, which is good, but then they lost Smuggler's Notch, which is bad.

I really wish they'd just charge a little more & add real mountains, rather than all these places nobody will ski. Northeast Slopes? I've never even heard of it. Oak Mountain? I've never even heard of it.

I actually think I'll probably pass. I'll definitely hit Whiteface & Gore. I could probably hit Magic a 2nd day (already have vouchers), but that's $50 a ticket, which is not very good S.O.T.C.

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

In the category of "medium" deals, on Liftopia you can buy an unrestricted MRG lift ticket for $69 adult/$58 for 65+. This is not as good a deal as the Mad Card, but you can buy just one ticket. The savings is about $20 over the walkup rate.

Not bad in a pinch. I just have Liftopia listed in the whole region deals. Gonna get too crazy if I try to chase the best deals on there specifically.

dlague

Fox 44 card is out. BIG changes, $150 gets you....

MRG
Whiteface
Burke
Cannon
Titus
Bretton
Oak (new)
West (new)
Gore (it's back)
Suicide 6
Northeast Slopes (new)
Magic (new)
Middlebury

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.mychamplainvalley.com/ski-and-ride-card

I could see MRG, Burke, Cannon, Suicide 6 (for fun), Magic and possibly Gore and Whiteface depending where you live. That would be worth it. But for a few not so much.

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

If anyone plans on being in Colorado the Gems card is a good deal. We compliment our Epic Pass with 4 of these cards. It is $25 and you get two 2fers or two 30% a single lift ticket at 9 ski areas so 18 2fers ot 18 discounted tickets. We generally hit Loveland and Ski Cooper and use them at A Basin for friends and family. Last year we hit Sunlight, Monarch and Eldora as well.

https://www.coloradoski.com/store/gems-card-2018-2019

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

I am seeing price of $175 not $150

Also Smugglers Notch *is* included. So is Owl’s Head.

I think it was $150 yesterday and not sure those 2 were on it yesterday either.

I think I could get 8 days out of it for $21.86 per day.
Smuggs
Burke
Cannon
Bretton Woods
Magic
Middlebury
and maybe Suicide 6
With a part day at NE slopes so maybe 9 days at 19.44 a day.
hmmm...

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

Hopefully I get one with a Smugg's pass included for the $150 I already paid. Smuggs and Owl's were definitely not on the list yesterday.

Weird. I will update it here.

BenedictGomez

I am seeing price of $175 not $150

Also Smugglers Notch *is* included. So is Owl’s Head.

Interesting. So they added a card version with Smuggs, but added an extra $25 for that one.

Adding Smuggs is great, but at the new pricepoint of $175 you better use is at least 5 times for S.O.T.C. worthiness.

jaytrem

Interesting. So they added a card version with Smuggs, but added an extra $25 for that one.

Adding Smuggs is great, but at the new pricepoint of $175 you better use is at least 5 times for S.O.T.C. worthiness.

My gut says there is only one version of the card. Smuggs and Owl's Head were just added today. I suspect anybody that got in for $150 will be getting an unexpected bonus. Early bird gets the worm!!!

Still no sign of Bolton though. Maybe tomorrow???

BenedictGomez

My gut says there is only one version of the card. Smuggs and Owl's Head were just added today. I suspect anybody that got in for $150 will be getting an unexpected bonus. Early bird gets the worm!!!

It could be, but that's very strange simply from the standpoint that printing fees are extremely expensive. Meaning, if you're going to print, you'd assume you'd know which mountains are on your card and the price you're charging. Perhaps it was an error to release it early at $150 or something, because I do agree it would be odd to have to print 2 versions of the card, but who knows.

KustyTheKlown

i want this, but do i *need* it?

ive my ikon base, my silverton spring pass (includes 3 smugglers any days, and 3 MRG weekdays) and my ski vt 4 pack

i'll use my 5 k, 5 stratton, 5 sugarbush, 5 combined loaf/loon/river, 3 smuggs, 1 MRG weekday, then use my 4-pack for magic, jay, stowe, and MRG weekend. that's 28 ski days. plus i have my early season killington bogos, so that's 2-3 more days. 30-31 eastern days

i'll be in colorado for 6 ski days in december, 3 in january. alberta/bc for 8 ski days in feb. then silverton for 3 ski days in late march. 20 western days

50-51 days accounted for without buying this. hmph.

i hope they fire sale it late season again for <$100

KustyTheKlown

Aren't they no longer combined? That would be 10 extra days for you. So you probably don't need the fox44. But hey, why not a little more variety.

they are not combined on the pass, but i realistically will not get to them more than 5-6 times total due to distance

Status
Not open for further replies.