• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ikon 18/19

Zermatt

Killington's RFID still not playing with Ikon's, so Ikon pass holders still need to head to guest services (or possibly to meet window) to get a day pass. No idea from K on when that might be fixed.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Does that mean you have to pay for their RFID card?

I'm sure it's been covered, but is there really RFID in my Ikon Pass? It does not seem like the kind of material as other passes with RFID.

Also, is there anyway to track usage of your Ikon Pass? I don't see anything on the website.

KustyTheKlown

there are two different kinds of rfid systems. k and ikon use diff ones

yes you need to buy the $5 k card

yes, you can track your usage, with a ski tracks app or your own records. ikon does not provide a tracker. Vail’s epic tracker is way less accurate than my $2 ski tracks app

Zermatt

yes, you can track your usage, with a ski tracks app or your own records. ikon does not provide a tracker. Vail’s epic tracker is way less accurate than my $2 ski tracks app

Not sure I care about runs and all that, but their system should show the days you use.

Does the Ikon website say you have to pay resorts an extra charge to ski at their areas? I know it's only $5 but for arguments sake they should have disclosed that. For my family it will now cost $20 to ski at Killington instead of free with my Ikon Pass.

Would this K card work at other resorts? I know in Switzerland you can reload them online when you buy tickets....they also give your 5 CHF back when you return the card.

cdskier

I thought someone said in here not too long ago that they got the Ikon one working direct to lift with K's system now.

machski

Killington just have Ikon pass holders a K card complimentary when the system wasn't working with the Ikon pass. It is all good there now, Ikon pass direct to lift and use it on K's RFID gates.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app