• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ikon 18/19

LItoCOtoMA

Figured I would start a thread for all those who went with the Ikon pass this season. It could be used to discuss conditions, events, meet ups, issues, or whatever your heart desires.

With that said, I have my first question. Does anyone have any intel on how the lift access will work? Will the barcode be scanned? Or, will we be required to go to the ticket window?

My gut tells me that partner mountains (Boyne, Sugarbush, and K) will require a visit to the ticket window. That was my experience last year at the Boyne resorts on the MAX pass. K allowed direct lift access last year on the MAX pass. However, I assume this will change with the new RFID system. I would be interested to know if we will only have to pick up the RFID card once and then have direct lift access from that point forward, or if it will need to be re-loaded for every visit.

My gut also tells me that mountains owned by Alterra (Stratton, Tremblant, Snowshoe) will allow direct to lift access.

Haven't seen anything online yet. Strange to me considering SR and K are already open.

Last edited:

machski

Killington may have gotten their RFID up to speed, but last week IKON holders still needed to go inside to guest services to get a K One card as the Ikon RFID wasn't yet working on K's system. K took that note off the snow report and Beast Blog so it may be straight on now. Assuming you have your Ikon pass in hand. If not, just go to guest services and present a DL. They will give you a K One card for the day. Boyne is a stop at a ticket window each day of use with your Ikon pass.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

LItoCOtoMA

Thanks @WJenness! I don't know how i missed that.

I was looking on the FAQ on the Ikon site and on K & SR's websites.

LItoCOtoMA

Got mine about 3 weeks ago.

Purchased a Base pass in early April. I have heard it's pretty random on when they are being sent out. Even those who ordered passes on the same day have had 2 week difference in delivery.

Scruffy

My wife and I got ours 2-3 weeks ago. One of my ski buds got his 3-4 weeks before me, so I called IKON and they were more than happy to look up when the passes were shipped, and it turned out they were shipped a few days prior, and they actually came in the mail the next day, So, if you're at all concerned, give them a call.

ghughes20

Missing Pictures

My wife and I got ours 2-3 weeks ago. One of my ski buds got his 3-4 weeks before me, so I called IKON and they were more than happy to look up when the passes were shipped, and it turned out they were shipped a few days prior, and they actually came in the mail the next day, So, if you're at all concerned, give them a call.

I called IKON today and learned that I never sent in my picture, so yeah, user error. I uploaded my picture and should get my pass in 10-14 days. My first day, conditions permitting, won't be until November 24th, so I should be okay.

Jully

Valle Nevado Chile?

Yet another addition. Same as Mountain Collective so not a huge surprise. Thredbo they want you to ski in 2018 using the 2018-2019 pass and in 2019 on the 2019-2020 pass so I think Nevado will be the same deal. So not applicable to anyone with this year's pass.

I looked briefly and did not see any details one way or another though.

LItoCOtoMA

the email seemed to indicate it would be included in this years pass

“Valle Nevado is an ideal addition to the Ikon Pass community. Now Ikon Pass holders can extend their 2019 season by booking a trip to Chile for the legendary above-treeline terrain in the Andes that Valle Nevado serves up,” said Erik Forsell, Chief Marketing Officer of Alterra Mountain Company, in a press statement.

KustyTheKlown

“Valle Nevado is an ideal addition to the Ikon Pass community. Now Ikon Pass holders can extend their 2019 season by booking a trip to Chile for the legendary above-treeline terrain in the Andes that Valle Nevado serves up,” said Erik Forsell, Chief Marketing Officer of Alterra Mountain Company, in a press statement.

yea, so we're in agreement, right? this season is 2018-2019.