SLC Area Info - Page 11

AlpineZone

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SLC Area Info

Zand, I certainly hope that you were NOT in BCC today. I drove up to Brighton to ski a few hours this evening. Absolute zoo. I have never seen that many cars up there. At least for me nearly everyone was leaving.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Hah! While that sounds like amazing fun, we're not coming until March. Found out the wife is preggers and her OB/GYN is vehemently against her downhill skiing. We could have cancelled, but she wants to come and just do non-ski stuff since she loves Utah. Dunno is there will be enough snow for XC or snowshoeing at lower elevations, but that's a possibility. As is spas, shopping, etc.... Prolly wont do the booze tastings though!
    CONGRATS!!!!!

Utah is very, um, baby friendly. I mean the LDS faith is big on girls getting married young and having lots of kids.....
    Live, Ski, or Die!

This angers me greatly. Lives are going to be destroyed for "drunk driving" while not actually being remotely "drunk". That said, do people take this into consideration when booking a trip? I cant imagine picking or denying a destination because I'm worried I could get nailed with a bogus "DUI" after a mere 2 beers.
    It is hard to say, but anecdotally A LOT of restaurants and tourist places have seen a decline...because folks thought that the law went into effect LAST year.

Plus cheap mass tranny or free public tranny if you're in Park City.
    That said, how many first-time tourists know this?
    We are NOT going to start a discussion about public transit in Park City.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    CONGRATS!!!!!
    Thanks. It's wreaking havoc on my 2019 skiing though. I imagine it only gets worse.

We are NOT going to start a discussion about public transit in Park City.
    Oh yeah. That thread; Impossible-to-satisfy-expectations-guy.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    SLC will give Denver a run for its money in the coming years. All speculation on my part.
    Two words: ONE Wasatch.

If that ever happens the entire front/back Wasatch area will become an absolute recreation juggernaut.

Thanks. It's wreaking havoc on my 2019 skiing though. I imagine it only gets worse.
    The first couple years you negotiate with your wife for time off. Third or fourth year you get very familiar with the beginner slopes!
    Live, Ski, or Die!

The first couple years you negotiate with your wife for time off.
    I've been reading old threads here, already learned the, "buy one lift ticket and use an extra zip tie" trick.

The first couple years you negotiate with your wife for time off. Third or fourth year you get very familiar with the beginner slopes!
    Yes, this!

Im in the beginner slope stage now. I've gotten to know McIntyre very well with our 3 year old son this winter and have only managed a couple of big boy days. By the time he is ready for the big hill days our 7 week old daughter will have me back on the beginner hill again. I figure I'm about 8-9 years away from regularly enjoying the type of skiing I once did. Lol

Congrats BG!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

I've been reading old threads here, already learned the, "buy one lift ticket and use an extra zip tie" trick.
    Yeah, RFID is putting an end to that. Some places (Bretton Woods?) offer a parental lift ticket, so the parents can switch off and take turns watching the little ones.

This!

Congrats! Is this your first one?

Thread Information